Lost NavTraffic - Quick Solution Found

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2005, 06:48 PM
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Lost NavTraffic - Quick Solution Found

Lost my NavTraffic today. After waiting on hold for an XM CSR, I remembered that there is a web site for refreshing your service at http://www.xmradio.com/refresh/ All you need to do is to have the radio ID, obtained by tuning the radio to channel 0, and enter the ID where asked and hit the refresh button. Within 20 minutes I had my traffic back. Just thought I would post for future reference. Sorry if this had been posted before, but I didn't find it. Still not use to the new layout.
Old 11-07-2005, 07:27 PM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nice find, thanks for the tip. XM customer service seems to be a work in progress, so this is a nice way to bypass the long wait on the phone for a CS rep to help (they are helpful WHEN you can get them!)
Old 11-08-2005, 12:53 PM
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Completely Lost NavTraffic Data

Update: Now I have totally lost Traffic. I tried refreshing via via the web last night and it worked. Today, I lost Traffic again and I tried refreshing via XM Customer Service and the xmradio/refresh web page to no avail.

The scale on the bottom of the screen that tells you if you are in the traffic mode is gone completely and just has the numbers without the black traffic bar. I have not had the reboots mentioned in the other thread. I did have the TSB performed.

Between the XM problems (refreshing problem resolved - label problem not resolved), the NavTraffic coming in and out, the lack of diagnostics/connection to Acura Server with most phones (something the dealership failed to mention), various rattles in the rear and the sunroof area, the frequent warning that the active headlights have failed, etc., I am really getting tired of the constant problems. I have been to the dealership (which also sucks) with the RL more times in the 11 months I have owned this car than in the five years I owned my Audi A6. This will more than likely be my last Acura.
Old 11-08-2005, 04:34 PM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Funny how experiences can vary so much. I haven't had the RL for long but by this time my S4 already had one of its shocks replaced and who knows what else Then again my wife's 2000 Ag Avant has been pretty much trouble free except one stupid leak that had to be repaired. I love the way Audis look and drive but I really couldn't see myself sending more money their way.