Lost My '05 RL Key Fob

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2017, 07:53 PM
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lost My '05 RL Key Fob

I lost my 05 RL key in December 2016. But I bought another key and keyfob from eBay, then tried to program it myself with lock/unlock method. it kind of work but not perfect. Since I could not move the car, I decided to tow it to the nearest dealership. They claimed to reprogram the key and the Keyfob, but it's only the key insert that it's working but the keyfob for the keyless start would not work unless for the lock/unlock function only. Even the keyless touch door will not work. So the dealership said they do not know the reason why it won't function the way it should, but they will need extended hours to diagnose the reason, at $125/hour (it may take a day or two to find out what's wrong) - so I said no. I drove off with the key insert to drive the car. I'm unhappy though - please help.
Old 05-02-2017, 09:54 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,687 Likes on 1,303 Posts
ok reprogram the RL can be tricky, I recently purchase RL and it came with only one key.

1. I order a used key with new insert and my dealer could not get the "used" key to program they let me know and they did not charged a dime although I should eat the labor bill.

2. Fast forward a week I ordered a new key from Delray came back and they able to program the new key, however the keyless entry "door handle touch" and ignition knob turning is disabled, I called the dealer about the problem and they took the car in immediately with no question ask and I got a loaner the same day.

3. Conclusion Its turn out they need to delete all old key(s) and make the new key as "primary", and yes for the second time the dealer didn't charged a dime. When you paid for a key to "cut and program" meaning the key must works as Acura/Honda intended to.

I would speak with a service director and express the situation.

Last edited by truonghthe; 05-02-2017 at 09:57 PM.
Old 05-03-2017, 09:04 AM
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thank you for your response. I told them similar thing but they insisted that they want to diagnose what the problem is. Also before I took the car there, I removed the fuse for horn and it turned out that the fuse is also for the gear shift lock. But they didn't know that either, and when I told them about it, they said it won't prevent shift lock from not working. From all indication they just want to make money off me.
maybe I should go back to them for reprogramming?

thankss