Let's move to Sirius

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2006 | 08:01 PM
Instructor

Let's move to Sirius

I did a search and I found quite a few comments from people wanting to move to Sirius for one reason or another. The answers so far have been: no can't do; I don't know but I do not think it's possible; you can add a portable player but . . . ; etc. Everyone supporting the idea that it would be very difficult to do, if it is possible at all.

Here is a great opportunity for someone to design and sell a "kit" that would make the transition painless. The ideal kit would use the existing equipment locations and replace only the hidden components to make it all work. I for one would be willing to pay good money for that kit to move to Sirius and I believe more than a few followers of Howard Stern (which I'm not) would do it too.
Old 02-20-2006 | 11:24 PM
Instructor

FWIW, Honda has an 8% stake in XM. Other then a portable player, I would think they would make it extremely difficult to hack existing equipment.
Old 02-21-2006 | 06:54 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by 1HOT NSX
I did a search and I found quite a few comments from people wanting to move to Sirius for one reason or another. The answers so far have been: no can't do; I don't know but I do not think it's possible; you can add a portable player but . . . ; etc. Everyone supporting the idea that it would be very difficult to do, if it is possible at all.

Here is a great opportunity for someone to design and sell a "kit" that would make the transition painless. The ideal kit would use the existing equipment locations and replace only the hidden components to make it all work. I for one would be willing to pay good money for that kit to move to Sirius and I believe more than a few followers of Howard Stern (which I'm not) would do it too.
I wouldn't do it for Howard Strern but might for Jimmy Buffett.
Old 02-21-2006 | 05:31 PM
Racer

From http://www.siriusbackstage.com/forum...pic.php?t=6421

SoundGate Device Enables GM and Honda Satellite Radio-Ready Vehicles to Receive SIRIUS

SIRIUS Satellite Radio, known for delivering the very best in commercial-free music and premium sports programming to cars and homes across the country, today announced a new signal translation device at the National Automobile Dealers Association (NADA) Convention & Exposition in Las Vegas, that enables owners of satellite-ready radios in General Motors and Honda vehicles to receive SIRIUS.

The special translator module from SoundGate, in conjunction with a SIRIUS tuner and antenna, allows the SIRIUS signal to be played over any in-dash satellite-ready radio. The SoundGate adapter also has the ability to allow other, non satellite-ready radios from GM and Honda to receive SIRIUS' 100% commercial free music, plus news, entertainment and play-by-play sports without having to buy new radios.

"The SoundGate translator module is the easy and convenient answer for consumers who want to receive premium satellite radio programming, but whose in-dash radios are currently not set up to receive SIRIUS," said Larry Pesce, Senior Vice President of Product Development and Strategic Planning, SIRIUS. "We want to be able to offer our commercial-free music, NBA, NHL and -- beginning next football season -- NFL games to as many consumers as possible, regardless of what satellite radio system their vehicle was designed to have. In close partnership with SoundGate, we'll now be able to satisfy GM and Honda owners who are starved for a premium satellite radio service."

The estimated retail price of the SoundGate translator, including the SIRIUS tuner and antenna, is $149.99. SoundGate translator modules for General Motors vehicles are available now at mobile electronics stores across the country. The SoundGate translator for Honda vehicles will be available at the end of this month. The SoundGate translators for GM and Honda vehicles are also expected to be sold directly to these auto dealerships.

Jeff