How to access my phone's voice recognition?

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2008 | 10:00 AM
Intermediate

How to access my phone's voice recognition?

Instead of using my RL's voice recognition auto-dial, I want my car's bluetooth to access my phone directly-- it has its own voice recognition into my contacts. How can I do this?
Old 01-07-2008 | 02:15 PM
Safety Car

you cannot do this, but you can initiate call on phone and then use command "transfer" to switch over to HFL when phone is dialing
Old 01-08-2008 | 05:44 AM
Intermediate

I asked the same question a while ago and never really found a solution. getakey's option is good, but with the BB that I use, I cannot initiate a voice-dialed call on my phone while it's connected to the RL because it's trying to capture the sound of my voice through the BT. So I have to search through my phone book in my phone and hit call and then immediately hang up. Then I use the command "redial" to call them through the RL.
Old 01-08-2008 | 08:19 AM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by greenejason
I asked the same question a while ago and never really found a solution. getakey's option is good, but with the BB that I use, I cannot initiate a voice-dialed call on my phone while it's connected to the RL because it's trying to capture the sound of my voice through the BT. So I have to search through my phone book in my phone and hit call and then immediately hang up. Then I use the command "redial" to call them through the RL.
There isn't a solution because of the way that Acura HFL works. It's a bit outdated now in that it doesn't support transfer of the phone contact list to the car or accessing the phone contact list via bluetooth. It's not like a bluetooth headset that allows you to voice dial the phone (unless you're speaking the numbers to be dialed) - it's a car-centric system that forces you to store your contacts individually in the HFL memory if you want to voice dial by contact name. In my experience, initiating the call on the phone then using the "transfer" command is kind of a crapshoot. I had phones that were supposedly fully operational with HFL (RAZR V3 and KRZR K1) and most of the time when dialing from the phone while it was paired with the HFL, the call would never really initiate so the transfer command could be used. I got the response "there is no call in progress" more times than I can count. Hopefully the next-generation HFL system will support contact list uploads or searching of the phone's contact list to dial.