Hands Free Link

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2010, 11:51 PM
Pro

Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts
Hands Free Link

"As the wheel turns" Welcome to the ongoing saga of the '06 RL...

The HFL on the 06 RL has been a pain today to recognize my phone. First thing this morning it worked fine. Later in the day the darn car never found it. I have my phone's BlueTooth set to find the car and have the link on my phone. When I go to make a call, "Sorry, there is no phone" or words to that effect. So you go in and reprogram it. It still doesn't find the phone. I followed it to the letter from the manual. Makes you want to kick the console you get so mad.
Old 08-03-2010, 08:08 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 30 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally Posted by alfadoctor
"As the wheel turns" Welcome to the ongoing saga of the '06 RL...

The HFL on the 06 RL has been a pain today to recognize my phone. First thing this morning it worked fine. Later in the day the darn car never found it. I have my phone's BlueTooth set to find the car and have the link on my phone. When I go to make a call, "Sorry, there is no phone" or words to that effect. So you go in and reprogram it. It still doesn't find the phone. I followed it to the letter from the manual. Makes you want to kick the console you get so mad.
Is your phone compatible with the HFL? There is a list of compatible phones that have been tested and certified to work with the HFL by Acura. Even though Bluetooth is a "standard" there are different bluetooth stacks (Microsoft and Widcomm for example) and different implementations of it. Depending on the phone you have, there may also be tweaks or hacks available that make the phone work better with the HFL.

Start here to see if your phone is compatible or not: http://www.acura.com/handsfreelink.aspx
Old 08-03-2010, 12:27 PM
Pro

Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts
That was the link we all need! My phone is not compatible, but the wife's is. Thank you!
Old 08-03-2010, 02:52 PM
Safety Car

Received 421 Likes on 315 Posts
agree with DW's post, but I know that link is not kept up to date as much as I would like. Plus, they seem to be way behind in testing new phones.
If it worked and then stopped, try rebooting your phone. It is the best cure.
Old 08-03-2010, 04:20 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 30 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally Posted by getakey
agree with DW's post, but I know that link is not kept up to date as much as I would like. Plus, they seem to be way behind in testing new phones.
If it worked and then stopped, try rebooting your phone. It is the best cure.
The list seems reasonably up to date for my carrier, AT&T. The newest batch of released phones (iPhone 4, Samsung Captivate, etc) seem to be missing. The major phones released in late 2009/early 2010 seem to be there. The testing process isn't quick, and they don't get pre-release phones to test. I'd expect the iPhone 4, et al, to show up in a few months.
Old 08-03-2010, 04:24 PM
Safety Car

Received 421 Likes on 315 Posts
Originally Posted by dwboston
The list seems reasonably up to date for my carrier, AT&T. The newest batch of released phones (iPhone 4, Samsung Captivate, etc) seem to be missing. The major phones released in late 2009/early 2010 seem to be there.
That's the problem. As a test group, they should be ahead of the release of phones. They can get pre-release versions from the carriers to test. When I was upgrading my phone, they were about 4 months behind in testing. Who wants to buy a phone and then find out 4 months later that it is not compatible.