DVD-A Groups

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2009, 01:50 PM
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DVD-A Groups

Does anyone know if the 2008 Acura RL's audio player supports more than one DVD-A Group?

I found a free DVD-A authoring tool, and it works well. I was able to burn Memorex DVD+R, DVD-R, DVD+R DL, and TDK DVD-R discs. All of them played correctly in my RL's player.

(FYI: DVD-A discs can have up to 9 Groups, each with a maximum of 99 tracks.)

Since I wanted to put more than 99 tracks on my DVD-A, using the tool I separated the tracks into DVD-A Groups (99 in Group 1 and 50 in Group2). On my RL player, I was able to play Group 1's tracks; however, I was unable to play Group 2's tracks--I am not sure if there is some type of "Group" indicator on the player.

Yet, when I played the multi-Grouped DVD-A on my computer, it recognized the DVD-A Groups. It played the Group 1 tracks by default, but in order to play Group 2's tracks, I had to add them to a playlist (but in the end, I was able to play Group 2's tracks).

So, I believe my multi-Grouped DVD-A is correctly structured, but I am finding no joy with my RL player for Group 2.

(If you want step-by-step instructions of how I authored a DVD-A disc, let me know, and I will put it in its own thread.)
Old 08-11-2009, 01:56 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If you could make it so simple that my six-year-old could do it, then I would love to see step-by-step instructions. I am completely hopeless when it comes to computers and technology, but my six-year-old might be able to handle it for me as long as you explain it simply enough for her.