Control buttons around multifunction knob stopped working....

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2016, 12:20 AM
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Control buttons around multifunction knob stopped working....

So the other day my drunken buddy leaned HARD on my multifunction knob on the center console. Now the knob shifts a bit when you press on it. It still works, but the main problem is the buttons around it (MAP, A/C, INFO, AUDIO, etc) don't work at all. They don't feel loose or anything, just nonresponsive when pressed. Luckily I can still execute most commands via voice command, but not being able to access the audio and climate control menus is frustrating. The climate controls and the radio controls still function just fine, and all of the lights still come on at night. Again, the multifunction knob works fine too.

Can anyone offer any insight into what might be the problem and/or if it's salvageable or repairable? I'm hoping he didn't crack a circuit board or anything; I'd really rather not have to buy a whole new console.
Old 07-02-2016, 03:05 PM
10th Gear

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Very odd

My audio control button just stopped working after changing my alternator yesterday. Let me know if you find a solution
Old 12-01-2017, 11:32 AM
TBP
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
All buttons around joystick not working

I have upgraded Navigation in my Acura RL 2005 to 2018 maps which I order from Acura website. System updated and display show maps. I noticed that only joystick work and all the buttons around (Map/Guide, Setup. Cancel. Brightness, A/C, Info etc..) joystick won't work. I can't see A/C or radio menu on the screen. I bought this car 1 months ago without navigation DVD in it assuming everything will work if I have DVD in navigation unit. Please help.
Old 12-01-2017, 01:32 PM
TBP
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have the exact same problem in my car now. can someone offer help?