Burrrn, MP3's, and Audio CD clarification CD-Text

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2006, 02:32 PM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Burrrn, MP3's, and Audio CD clarification CD-Text

OK. I so got Burrrn. It's a great little tool. It will burn CD's and put in the CD-Text that displays in our Acura's radio what the CD title and each track title is.

You can create an AUDIO CD only. You cannot make an MP3 CD and have this functionality. If you use MP3's as the source of your music, it will take the info. from the MP3 and put that in the CD-Text. But note, the new CD you just created is an audio CD.

I was hoping you could get CD-Text type functionality while creating an MP3 CD that holds the equivalent of 11 audio CD's. Burrrn only creates an audio CD, but can use MP3's as the source.

I just want people out there to be clear what it's doing for them.
Old 06-26-2006, 05:10 PM
Instructor

I burn MP3 CD-Rs for my RL all the time, and they show all the song title info...

If I want a simple playlist MP3 CD-R, I use Apple's iTunes.
Create a Playlist in there, and it will burn them in the order you put them, using the song title for display in your RL. Whatever you put in as the first MP3 will show up as the name of the disc in your RL. For that, I created a 2-second blank MP3 that I just re-name for whatever disc I'm making.

If I want an MP3 CD-R with individual folders for separate artists or genres of music, I create a data disc in Roxio Easy Media Creator 8... Whatever MP3 comes up first (alpha or numerical) in your first folder will show up as the name of the disc in your RL. Again, I use a 2-second blank MP3 that I just re-name for whatever disc I'm making.

Randy
Old 06-26-2006, 07:33 PM
Racer

Yep. That's what I mean. There is a thread saying Burrrn will effectively use CD-Text on mp3 CD's and it doesn't.

Thanks for adding to the clarification.
Old 06-26-2006, 08:07 PM
Racer

Scott,

You beat me to it, I was going to add the same comments at the bottom of the thread that I started. I felt guitly because I was originally misled into thinking that it was burning MP3 CDs, only to realize that the program was converting them to standard audio tracks.

Pete
Old 06-26-2006, 09:04 PM
Racer

Thanks Pete. I wasn't sure if you knew it or not. No offense, but some people have trouble knowing what the difference is and I wasn't sure if you did. Now I know you do.

It's a neat program though.
Old 06-27-2006, 12:38 AM
Racer

Scott,

The reason why I got confused was because I initially did a search for MP3 CD Burner and Burrrn came up ... I didn't expect that it would take MP3s and convert them to .cda files, but that obviously explained how it was able to order the tracks correctly without having to rely on alpha-numeric order. That been said, this program is one of the better ones to create audio CDs with correct CD text, but I can understand why others shy off from the website because it looks so amateurish.

Like others in the forum, I have resorted to creating a dummy MP3 file to create a suitable title for my MP3 CDs, its kinda messy and I hate getting the 01 as part of the CD title.

I am still looking for a good CD burner to serve my needs. Anyone know of a program (Nero? CDRwin? Gear?) that can:

1. Handle CD text for tracks and CD title (with no 01)
2. Burn audio and MP3 CDs
3. Use folders for MP3 CDs.

I hate to say it but I am probably using iTunes more than anything else 'cos it meets most of my needs and it's free

Once again, thanks for clarifying it for all.

Pete
Old 06-27-2006, 08:04 AM
Racer

Yeah. I like you am looking for that program. I'm afraid it doesn't exist.

I'm just using Windows and it sucks, but it's also free and it works.