Bluetooth Ipod Adapter

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2008, 10:26 AM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bluetooth Ipod Adapter

Has anybody tried one of these? Is this sound quality good? I have an FM transmitter device for the ipod and HATE it.

I've been trying to figure out an easy, affordable way to use my ipod and sirius together in my 05 RL. I've done all the research on interfaces, etc....but one thing I hadn't thought of was using a bluetooth adapter on my ipod for those occasional trips where I would use it.

I realize it's not the perfect solution (especially from a battery power perspective), but there isn't a good interface that works with both sirius and the ipod at this time. At the end of the day, I use my sirius a LOT more than my ipod in the car.

I'd love to return my USA-Spec interface, the auxillary cables I was going to use to run my sirius thru the USA-Spec, and just buy the Sirius DirectConnect adapter and be done with the whole freakin' thing. I'd use the bluetooth adapter for those infrequent roadtrips where I listen to my ipod.
Old 04-25-2008, 12:06 PM
05 slate grey e500 AMG sp

I run sirius & IPOD through a dice adaptor fine & still have XM functionality.
Old 04-25-2008, 01:28 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by ssim3
I run sirius & IPOD through a dice adaptor fine & still have XM functionality.
Yeah, I know. I have a USA-Spec adapter all ready to go and I could theoretically run my satellite through AUX of the USA-Spec. I'm not a big of this solution. I use sirius a lot more than the ipod. I'd love NOT to have an external sirius receiver and the crappy magnetic antenna. The SiriiusConnect adapter is absolutely perfect for what I want to do.

If I could run the SiriusConnect and the USA-Spec at the same time, it would be a perfect world......but that's not feasible right now. I just want to occasionally listen to the ipod with decent quality sound. The bluetooth adapter sounds like a solution. Surely somebody has used one.
Old 04-25-2008, 03:39 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 30 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally Posted by cls3
The bluetooth adapter sounds like a solution. Surely somebody has used one.
Wouldn't you need a new head unit for that? The RL doesn't support the A2DP (stereo Bluetooth) profile so I don't get what an iPod Bluetooth adapter would do for you, unless you had a Bluetooth-enabled audio receiver added somehow. The RL only supports the Hands-Free Bluetooth profile natively.
Old 04-25-2008, 08:44 PM
Intermediate

Yeah, that's the part I wasn't bargaining on. I had no idea bluetooth could work with a phone, but not an mp3 player. I now understand why nobody has an ipod bluetooth adapter.