Anyone install the rear camera?

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2006 | 07:38 PM
10th Gear

Anyone install the rear camera?

Has anyone installed the rear camera on an 06 RL? I want to purchase one but I do not want to pay the dealer to install. I am assuming that the connections are there on the harness it just needs to be plugged in...

Any advise or recomendaitons would be apreciated

Thanks in advance
Old 11-02-2006 | 05:23 PM
4th Gear

I installed one on my parents RL this summer. Not a bad install, as long as you follow the directions.
I had a few hours in the install, but I spent time making sure that the wiring was right, and figuring out that the surround cover on the camera is not used. This is not stated in the instructions and I could not figure out why the fit was "funny".
I could probably do one in half the time now.
Old 11-18-2006 | 07:02 PM
1st Gear

dealer installed camera

Has anyone else had a dealer installed camera on an 06 RL. It is not near the quality as my Honda pilot. some of the problem comes at night from the tag lights, they wash out the video, but even in daytime it is not the same quality
Old 11-18-2006 | 10:03 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by twilloo
Has anyone else had a dealer installed camera on an 06 RL. It is not near the quality as my Honda pilot. some of the problem comes at night from the tag lights, they wash out the video, but even in daytime it is not the same quality

I had a dealer install the camera for me. My clarity is excellent although wide angle view sort of warps the image but I think that is expected.

But night view was somewhat dim until I realized that I could adjust the brightness level with the dimming switch.
because it auto dims at night I toggle to the brighter view at nightime and everything shows up very clear. Could be that you need to adjust that setting when backing up at night?