2006 RL Remote Start: Great installer in NY

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2011, 12:41 PM
Forced Induction

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
2006 RL Remote Start: Great installer in NY

So I finally got the remote start installed, it was definitely an adventure with the RL, even for my installer, who did an amazing job trying to get everything installed properly.

We used the DEI Avital 4113 remote start system with an iDataLink module to replicate the key being in the car.

Basically we ran into 2 problems, one was the RF immobilizer key led would flash after the car was started and put into driving mode when the car was started remotely, but it would not flash when started with the key. This was solved by bypassing one of the factory wired found behind the mirror switch on the dash on the left drivers side.

And the second problem was the was would start and stay unlocked. The iDataLink would send a signal to disarm the car, which on the RL is the same wire as it is to unlock, so it would stay unlocked. After hours of troubleshooting and calling iDataLink to get the backdoor instruction on programming lock after start feature, we were unsuccessful. Finally we got it working by using the negative ignition wire on the remote start module to send a signal to the door locking module in the door panel. Also a relay was used so I can use the factory remotes and the Avital remotes with greater distance to start the car.

Now I can click the lock button on both OEM key fobs three times and the car will disarm the alarm, start the car, lock the door. I can do the same with the Avital remotes, by pressing the button three times with greater distance so I can start the car from my 5th floor apartment with no problem. The car is set to run for 24 minutes before turning off. Once I talk to the car, the smart key works as usual, I can just reach for the handle and unlock the car, put the key stub into position 2 and drive without needing to crank the motor or re start the car. I am very happy with the results, everything is working as it should, thanks to Jose, the installer who is very knowledgeable and does professional work.

For those who are local an want to have anything installed for a great price, Jose works on the side out of his boss's shop after hours and weekends. You can email me for info or call him directly, just tell him you got the info from me on the board.

Jose
516 644 0097

Some wiring info:

2006 Acura RL Remote Starter Wiring Diagram
Vehicle Battery Positive Wire (+): White
Vehicle Battery Positive Wire Location: Ignition Switch Harness
Vehicle Ignition Wire (+): White
Vehicle Ignition Wire Location: Ignition Switch Harness
Vehicle Accessory Wire (+): Yellow or Blue
Vehicle Accessory Wire Location: Ignition Switch Harness
Vehicle Second Accessory Wire (+): Red
Vehicle Second Accessory Wire Location: Ignition Switch Harness
Automobile Engine Starter Wire (+): Black/White
Automobile Engine Starter Wire Location: Ignition Switch Harness
Factory Anti-Theft System: RF Immobilizer
Factory Anti-Theft System Type: Transponder in Key
Car Key Sense Wire (-): Blue
Car Key Sense Wire Location: Ignition Switch Harness
Car Neutral Safety Wire (+): N/A
Car Neutral Safety Wire Location: N/A
Car Tachometer Wire (-): Blue
Car Tachometer Wire Location: Pin #22 in Green Plug in the Passenger Kick Panel
Car Speed Sense Wire: Blue
Car Speed Sense Wire Location: At PCM Module
Car Parking Lights Wire (+): Red/Black
Car Parking Lights Wire Location: At Harness in Drivers Kick Panel
Car Reverse Lights Wire (+): Brown
Car Reverse Lights Wire Location: At Vehicle Fuse Box
Car Brake Lights Wire (+): Green/White
Car Brake Lights Wire Location: At Switch Above Brake Pedal
Car Horn Wire (-): Orange
Car Horn Wire Location: Steering Column Harness
The following 3 users liked this post by DeadLock:
DiabloSVRacer (12-12-2011), HEAVY_RL (12-10-2011), oo7spy (12-10-2011)
Old 12-10-2011, 05:08 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 7,247 Likes on 4,858 Posts

Nice job! If I lived in an apartment and cold climate, this would be a must! Thanks for the info.
Old 12-10-2011, 09:33 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,041 Likes on 846 Posts
Ditto great post... now get the windows to go up with the FOB.
Old 12-12-2011, 06:30 AM
Forced Induction

Originally Posted by HEAVY_RL
Ditto great post... now get the windows to go up with the FOB.
Heavy, I had the auto up module in my TL, to be honest I never use the auto down feature so I never really used to auto up feature unless it was for bragging =) so I don't think I need it on the RL.

However I am working with the installer to try and figure out how to use the OEM backup camer with a non OEM camera.

I ordered the Nav2DVD converted from Dom with the 20pin PnP cable and I have a camera coming in from eBay, but we were talking and we might be able to get the camera installed without Dom's unit, if we can figure out the OEM camera harness which goes to the back of the Nav unit............but that's for another thread.
Old 12-12-2011, 07:11 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,041 Likes on 846 Posts
Yeah, I got the back up camera and video via component cable in the dash.

But the auto up module for the TL doesn't work on the RL... and I use mine to brag too. haha...

Keep up the good work.
Old 12-12-2011, 08:51 AM
Forced Induction

Some users are asking me some questions, so I thought I would post them up for future reference.

The install time should be about 2-3 hours or less, it took us three days, but Jose had no prior knowledge of the RL electronics, so we had to figure things out.

As far as pricing, it should run about $350 installed with all parts/modules/labor.
Old 12-28-2011, 11:59 AM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Have Joe call DEI with the info so they will update the wiring database since the RL isn’t in there for remote start.