AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community

AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community (https://acurazine.com/forums/)
-   2G RL Audio, Bluetooth, Electronics & Navigation (https://acurazine.com/forums/2g-rl-audio-bluetooth-electronics-navigation-90/)
-   -   2006 RL HFL module (https://acurazine.com/forums/2g-rl-audio-bluetooth-electronics-navigation-90/2006-rl-hfl-module-948193/)

Paradisecove 08-02-2016 12:41 PM

2006 RL HFL module

My blue tooth for my phone has stopped working in my 2006-RL. The controlling buttons on the steering wheel do not activate the system. Where is the HFL module located ?

Paradisecove 08-08-2016 02:19 PM

Update, have found module location. It is located right kick panel (passenger side) just above fuse panel. the connector is green. You will need 10 mm swivel socket to remove.

TampaRLX-SH 08-08-2016 03:42 PM

If you need to replace the BT module, they are not cheap. But I remember a few posts (perhaps search on replacing BT module) where the part # for the RL was the same as the TSX module (not the TL, however). And I remember at least one member had success with replacing it with a used TSX module off ebay at a fair price.

projektvertx 08-10-2016 10:21 AM

I have a spare HFL module sitting around in my garage. I pulled it out of an '05 but I'm not sure if it works. I'd be more than happy to ship it out to you, and if it works you can send a few bucks my way. Whatever you see fit. Pm me if you're interested :)

GetREALnasty 08-10-2016 05:12 PM

My hfl is on but I cant seem to take it off. I didnt want to still steal this thread's shine, but its similar to his problem. My hf link is on even when the engine is not running. (IGITION not turn on), and its wont let me listen to any radio. Im assuming this will drain my battery slowly, please help my brother and I out.

pblocksicivic 04-22-2017 01:32 PM

I just went through that Getrealnasty, I just unplugged mines and put it back and it came off! Don't know how long it will last tho. Im thinking to upgrade to the USA Spec for a new HFL and music audio feedback.

projektvertx 04-23-2017 07:49 AM

The USA Spec unit seems to garner a lot of positive reviews. Go for it! :thumbsup:

Chazz Da Barber 06-20-2019 10:55 AM

USA Spec upgrade..?

Originally Posted by pblocksicivic (Post 16003990)
I just went through that Getrealnasty, I just unplugged mines and put it back and it came off! Don't know how long it will last tho. Im thinking to upgrade to the USA Spec for a new HFL and music audio feedback.

where exactly would I find this USA Spec upgrade...
I'm having the very same problem...... tried using a used one, no luck..... gonna go new this time..... please help.......

Dank1079 07-02-2019 05:07 PM

Originally Posted by projektvertx (Post 15823468)
I have a spare HFL module sitting around in my garage. I pulled it out of an '05 but I'm not sure if it works. I'd be more than happy to ship it out to you, and if it works you can send a few bucks my way. Whatever you see fit. Pm me if you're interested :)

I know it's 3 years late, but do you still have that HFL? I just ran a diagnostic through the hidden menu and my HFL is bad, which explains why it's never worked!

stevieray 07-05-2019 01:30 PM

Try eBay or car-part.com, you can usually find one on car-part for $50-75. 2005-2008 HFL modules are compatible with the KB1 but anything ('09-'12) past that are not. Good luck---

Dwayne Jackson 07-09-2019 09:51 AM

https://www.usaspec.com/p-314-bt45-acu.aspx

litlerob 01-09-2022 01:35 PM

I know, dead thread, but it's still relevant. It seems Honda/Acura were playing where's Waldo with the HFL unit. On 06 MDX it's behind the center console. On 06 TL it's behind the interior lights. I just wanted to make sure that on an 2006 RL it is behind the Passenger kick panel....?

Mike734 01-11-2022 05:39 PM

Originally Posted by litlerob (Post 16786702)
I just wanted to make sure that on an 2006 RL it is behind the Passenger kick panel....?

That’s were it is on my 06RL.

HenryW 03-07-2022 12:52 PM

Thats where it is on a 05 RL. Decided to unplug the cable as i dont really use the function anymore.

DHeat914 05-20-2022 07:14 PM

Originally Posted by GetREALnasty (Post 15824014)
My hfl is on but I cant seem to take it off. I didnt want to still steal this thread's shine, but its similar to his problem. My hf link is on even when the engine is not running. (IGITION not turn on), and its wont let me listen to any radio. Im assuming this will drain my battery slowly, please help my brother and I out.

Originally Posted by pblocksicivic (Post 16003990)

hello guys new member here long time lurker. found a lot of useful tips and tricks on here. the handsfreelink is stuck on and i cant use the radio. i disconnected the HFL about a year ago because of the battery drain in my 2006 RL but about a month ago is when the HFL screen suddenly turned on and it stays on for about 30 mins after the car is off. i checked the buttons and they work. plugged it back on but the secret diagnostic screen showed it was bad so i ordered a replacement from ebay. installed it today and its responding but still wont turn off. any other suggestion are appreciated im dying without my music