Wow. the RL is just unbelieveable

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2006, 03:29 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 90 Likes on 75 Posts
Wow. the RL is just unbelieveable

Just bought home a Meteror Silver RL (06) and I was just astonished how good this car is, not to mention how beautiful the color. I am going to go out on a limb and say, that I cannot see how man could build a better car. Coming home on the highway the car was just so graceful and smooth. The car was so quiet my ears were popping. NOt a single rattle or wind noise. The only other time I felt like this,was when I bought home my 06 Mazda Miata. I have been reading these boards for months and I got no sense how good the 06 RL is. As I have stated in previous post, I have driven the Infintii M35 and Lexus GS 300 and all I can say there is no contest. I took a hard curve last night and the car was just as fun as my Mazda with the top down. Each car I had test driven did one a two things special, but the RL just seem to have everything. Now I understand why some get so upset over a rattle in this car. It is just so quite and smoooth! Owning all three Acrua Models, my hat is off to Acura. I still love my tsx and it is wondeful for what is does. All of you that own an RL, I am glad I did not know what I was missing, cuz I would have been jealous! The only drawback I saw from owning this car, was when we got a certiificate to get gas from the dealer, it cost exacty $60 to fill the tank!
All I can say is happy motoring Fellow RL owners!
Old 04-27-2006, 01:50 PM
goodbye RL for now...

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Welcome! You learn to love the car more and more each day as you jump in. It's an awesome feeling of content.
Old 04-27-2006, 01:56 PM
office monkey

Cool man glad you are happy. I wouldn't say I agree with your opinion of it being so quiet and smooth. If you think this car is so quiet and has no wind noise then NEVER take a ride in an LS430. You'll think the car isn't moving. The RL is quite loud compared to an LS.

I love my RL and all but would in no way ever say it is very quiet and its ride is smooth.

I also feel man can build a better car (and has) but that doesn't take away the great overall package of the RL. It is IMO, tough to beat for the price.
Old 05-02-2006, 09:19 AM
06 RL - 04 TL

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Noise level

I have to agree that the RL seems to be not as quiet as I would expect of a car of this caliber. I do count my lucky stars that mine is noticably quieter than the loaner I had.

I did see a post by someone that had some sound proofing done, and have lost where that was located. Could well be interested in something along those lines depending on how things "break in".
Old 05-02-2006, 10:22 AM
Advanced

My RL is a Aug 05 build, used by the dealer. I picked it up used with 9000m at a good discount.

The first thing I did was to replace stock tires with the Michelin AW Sport. No doubt, a great ride with awesome handling, but I agree with others here that the cabin is not as quite as I would like. Too much road noise. I'll be investigating options.