Where does your condensation line let the water exit???

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2020, 09:09 PM
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Where does your condensation line let the water exit???

Uh ohhhhhh I might have a problem with my 06RL.........I just had major surgery done recently on the car....valve cover gaskets...oil pump seals...gaskets.....oil pan...etc.....to stop the bleeding! Since then I have been checking for leaks because the shop warranties its work. While checking for leaks under the car...while the car was running with ac on.....note at first the car was on a incline.......I noted water dripping out in 3 different locations. I then moved the car into the garage on a level surface and noted it was basically coming from 2 different locations. Now to my knowledge most cars let the condensation line exit like behind the passenger side wheel just a bit but def on the side of the car vs the middle. Well I was getting a slow drip from what I would call that normal area ( pass side behind the wheel ) but I was getting a rapid drip coming from the center of the car side to side....and what i would call front middle from front to back view. Did that make sense? So I got a mirror and a flashlight to see where it was dripping from.....could see exactly but what I could see was that it wasnt coming from the typical black rubber tube/hose it was just exiting from frame structure and starting to rust this area that most likely isnt used to condensation draining duties.
I have heard the RLs have AC issues and I am certain that with my luck something is wrong here.........its cold in VA right now so I have not been using my ac like in the summer........but today was a freakish 70 degrees here today so I was running the ac and noticed the issue.
What do u guys think???? Leaking condensation line??? Dirty or clogged evap coil? Have any of u ever noticed this issue???

Thanks!!!