AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community

AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community (https://acurazine.com/forums/)
-   2G RL (2005-2012) (https://acurazine.com/forums/2g-rl-2005-2012-76/)
-   -   Turbo RL? (Yes I know one on here that exists) (https://acurazine.com/forums/2g-rl-2005-2012-76/turbo-rl-yes-i-know-one-here-exists-943954/)

JJones91 04-05-2016 11:25 PM

Turbo RL? (Yes I know one on here that exists)

I know that it's been done HOWEVER, couldn't one simply buy a turbo kit that was designed for the TL-S? I know it would need to be tuned etc, but we share the same engine as the TL-S so I figure why not right?

Anyone else wanna chime in here? I know I said I wanna sell my car because it's not really a performance car lol, however I'm kinda exploring my options. I mean who wouldn't want a turbo J35A8 that's AWD?!?

I know our cars are luxury cars but we can all admit they do have a bit of an aggressive look from the front. So! Let's discuss this, who all here would love to slap a turbo on their RL and make the ultimate sleeper?

NathanJax 04-06-2016 01:02 AM

I think I read that the biggest thing with our cars is there's no tuning capabilities...

JJones91 04-06-2016 10:23 AM

Originally Posted by NathanJax (Post 15720604)
I think I read that the biggest thing with our cars is there's no tuning capabilities...

Yeah that's exactly what I suspected lol

thisaznboi88 04-06-2016 10:30 AM

AEM FIC will work, but is a bandaid solution. There was a S/C RL using the TL comptech s/c a while back

teh CL 04-06-2016 12:17 PM

Think the best bet would be to find a CT SC & run moderate boost and run it with the CT ACM. Nice bump in power and reliable.

I'm currently sourcing different options for tuning our cars and it's safe to say that I'm gonna be the guinea pig since there is NOTHING out there. Unless you want to ride FWD :ugh:

JDMCRX 04-06-2016 01:14 PM

The guy in russia who has the turbo RL has cracked the stock ecu. Im trying to talk to him and see if we can get some info on this as i will do my ECU asap if he can.

JJones91 04-06-2016 08:32 PM

Yeah SC is nice but the output isn't near as much as what you'll get from the turbo and for what you pay the increase in power really isn't worth the money you spend.
Hell I more than likely won't even go this route with my car. I'll probably sell it and get either a Pontiac G8 GT or a Cadillac STS-V

teh CL 04-06-2016 10:40 PM

Can't ever go wrong with a V.. just the interiors don't do it for me. :shrug:

As for going SC. If you want to make serious power, want to drop 4.5k & lose AC, you can grab a stage 1 Rotrex SC kit capable of 450whp :drool:

Only issue is that it's without a tuning option.

It's a shame noone ever really went serious with a peformance RL build (except Turbo from Russia) to see what a SH-AWD monster can really do..

JJones91 04-07-2016 12:24 AM

Originally Posted by teh CL (Post 15721467)
Can't ever go wrong with a V.. just the interiors don't do it for me. :shrug:

Hell nah you can't already talked my girl into it. She was like "Look as long as it's black" haha gotta love my girl.

Gonna get me a V! 470hp here I come!

MayorMcCheese 04-07-2016 12:31 AM

Originally Posted by teh CL (Post 15720971)
Think the best bet would be to find a CT SC & run moderate boost and run it with the CT ACM. Nice bump in power and reliable.

I'm currently sourcing different options for tuning our cars and it's safe to say that I'm gonna be the guinea pig since there is NOTHING out there. Unless you want to ride FWD :ugh:

So what do u know about our cars and tuning? Have u found a tuner?

teh CL 04-08-2016 08:43 AM

You can get them tuned with the AEM FIC but it's pretty much useless NA.

If a cheap Hondata unit pops up (yea right) I'll try to make it work but till then there isn't much.

JDMCRX 04-08-2016 10:18 AM

You can use a FIC on a NA car but you can't advance timing only retard it . I was looking at modding the cam and crank sprockets but then your advancing the fuel points .