Tranny Issues - Advice Needed (Newbie)

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2017 | 02:41 PM
Cruisin'

Tranny Issues - Advice Needed (Newbie)

Hi all,

As some may have seen from my previous thread, I recently purchased a KB2 (2011 to be specific). It's been shifting gears rougher than a car at this price-point should, and it also 'bucks' (for lack of a better term) when shifting from park to drive, park to reverse, and reverse to drive (and vice-versa). I've done a bit of research on these forums, and have narrowed this down to either the pressure switches or the tranny mounts (or both?).

My question is, to all you folks much more knowledgeable than this newbie, how would I go about fixing these issues? I've replaced motor mounts already, but never tranny mounts or pressure switches. Where are these located? Are they difficult to replace? Any tutorials floating around for the 2011 RL's? (all I can manage to find is TL info). I have a hydraulic shop-lift, so I can easily get under the car. I'm assuming the tranny won't need to be dropped to get to the switches or mounts, correct?
Old 06-09-2017 | 06:57 PM

The pressure switches should be accessible from the top.
Old 06-11-2017 | 09:00 PM
Advanced

Pressure switches are a common problem on the 2G TL and are known to trash the tranny due to reduced line pressure. Are these a common problem on the RL as well?
Old 06-12-2017 | 05:46 AM

Originally Posted by Huskymaniac
Pressure switches are a common problem on the 2G TL and are known to trash the tranny due to reduced line pressure. Are these a common problem on the RL as well?
Not in my experience here. Although I've seen people change them.