check and mate
Old 09-19-2011, 03:43 PM
Racer

Received 35 Likes on 32 Posts
lol and you can; you can always block me
Old 09-19-2011, 03:44 PM
2012 TL SH-AWD

Received 119 Likes on 104 Posts
Why do you guys wasting your valuable time keeping this thread alive. This thread should be locked. The OP is comparing oranges with apples. Let's move on guys..
Old 09-19-2011, 03:48 PM

Received 16,263 Likes on 11,973 Posts
Originally Posted by omaralt
lol and you can; you can always block me
no need for that.
I just wanted to argue. as stated i dont own either car.
Old 09-19-2011, 03:59 PM
Drifting

Received 591 Likes on 427 Posts
I think we can all agree on a few things:

1-The OP is insanely childish and feels the need to go around this board creating arguments to make himself feel good about his recent purchase.

2-The RL has become long in the tooth and has been in dire need of a full redesign for a few years.

3-The TL has seriously closed the gap to and, in some ways, actually surpassed the RL.

4-When the 3rd gen RL comes out it will be the undisputed flagship in the Honda/Acura lineup in every way.

5-The fact that Acura has allowed this to even be a discussion point is beyond sad. Like others have said, there's no reason that the TL should have any features that can't be found on the "flagship" model RL.

Here's my point of view. First, I'm actually not at all a fan of the redesigned RL. I much prefer the smooth lines and understated styling of the pre-MMC RL. The new TL has grown on me but doesn't stir my soul the way the 3rd gen styling did when it was first released.

I've driven a TL SH-AWD for a couple of days as a loner when our 3rd gen was in for maintenance. It is a very nice car. The interior fit and finish are a big step up from the 3rd gen but still behind the RL. The performance is undeniable. It is faster and handles better than the RL, (lighter, more power, stiffer suspension, more aggressive SH-AWD system). The trade-off? The RL has a much nicer ride and is quieter.

I'm not surprised Acura can't sell any RL's. Any potential buyer can look at the two vehicles on paper and make the decision that the TL is more bang for your buck. The people that walk in and choose the RL are usually the type of buyers that plan to own the vehicle for a long time and pay more attention to detail than numbers on a piece of paper.

Last edited by BDoggPrelude; 09-19-2011 at 04:05 PM.
Old 09-19-2011, 04:06 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 7,247 Likes on 4,858 Posts
Originally Posted by Zelaya
Why do you guys wasting your valuable time keeping this thread alive. This thread should be locked. The OP is comparing oranges with apples. Let's move on guys..
You give us too much credit!
Old 09-19-2011, 04:14 PM
Racer

Received 35 Likes on 32 Posts
Originally Posted by BDoggPrelude
I think we can all agree on a few things:

1-The OP is insanely childish and feels the need to go around this board creating arguments to make himself feel good about his recent purchase.

2-The RL has become long in the tooth and has been in dire need of a full redesign for a few years.

3-The TL has seriously closed the gap to and, in some ways, actually surpassed the RL.

4-When the 3rd gen RL comes out it will be the undisputed flagship in the Honda/Acura lineup in every way.

5-The fact that Acura has allowed this to even be a discussion point is beyond sad. Like others have said, there's no reason that the TL should have any features that can't be found on the "flagship" model RL.

Here's my point of view. First, I'm actually not at all a fan of the redesigned RL. I much prefer the smooth lines and understated styling of the pre-MMC RL. The new TL has grown on me but doesn't stir my soul the way the 3rd gen styling did when it was first released.

I've driven a TL SH-AWD for a couple of days as a loner when our 3rd gen was in for maintenance. It is a very nice car. The interior fit and finish are a big step up from the 3rd gen but still behind the RL. The performance is undeniable. It is faster and handles better than the RL, (lighter, more power, stiffer suspension, more aggressive SH-AWD system). The trade-off? The RL has a much nicer ride and is quieter.

I'm not surprised Acura can't sell any RL's. Any potential buyer can look at the two vehicles on paper and make the decision that the TL is more bang for your buck. The people that walk in and choose the RL are usually the type of buyers that plan to own the vehicle for a long time and pay more attention to detail than numbers on a piece of paper.
ya I was really interested in test driving the RL when I bought my car, but the dealer did not have a single RL!