Thanks Guys..signing out!

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2005, 02:38 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks Guys..signing out!

Well,
I made the leap for an M35x despite the great $2.5k incentive on the remaining 05 RL's.
Ironic because it was this group that made me go for the RL to begin with, and as I posted previously, I bought an RL & went to pick up the car last May & it was damaged.
I chose another RL that had come in several weeks later. The dealer charged me $250 more, I got pissed, and started looking elsewhere. They wanted to make good, it was an oversight, but by that time I was wandering about looking at everthing else out on the market.

To plagerize Hondamore, if I may: I did not purchase a better car, I know that...just the M may suite me better, and it took several road tests in both cars to come to a 49/51 decision. It was no landslide or runaway, I'd be happy in my RL today had the car not been damaged upon delivery, that I am sure of!
By far the hardest car buying choice ever.

One of the greatest things about owning the RL for me would have been this Forum by far! Lots of great knowledge & talent lurking around here, I will miss that. Even heated disputes of passion involving RL issues really had no good or bad guys...just opinion differences, it made for great debate.

So if any of you guys are driving around in your RL's, and some guy in an M35x blows past you in the left lane (hehe, only kidding), touting is horn at you waving, wave back, it's probably me knowing your enjoying the ride too!

Steve C.
Old 09-25-2005, 03:02 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by Steve C
... it took several road tests in both cars to come to a 49/51 decision. It was no landslide or runaway, I'd be happy in my RL today had the car not been damaged upon delivery, that I am sure of!
By far the hardest car buying choice ever.

One of the greatest things about owning the RL for me would have been this Forum by far!
This has also been my most difficult car buying decision.
This is a great forum (I joined a long time ago when I was a TL-S owner); however there are good M forums as well. Go over and help build a new dedicated M Forum: www.infiniti-driver.com Only been active for about a month, but it seems to be off to a very good start.

Good luck. I should be making a decision in the next few weeks.
Old 09-25-2005, 03:24 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Congrats on the new car! Like you said, neither car is better, it is personal preference. The M is an amazing car. Enjoy... stop back once in a while, post pictures
Old 09-26-2005, 08:21 AM
office monkey

Congrats bro...can't go wrong with your choice.
Old 09-26-2005, 11:02 AM
Community Architect
robb m.

Received 630 Likes on 280 Posts
soon you can come hang out at infinitizine.com with us
Old 09-26-2005, 11:03 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 997 Likes on 531 Posts
Congrats on the new M. It comes as no surprise to me that the poor customer service from an Acura dealer really became the deciding factor in your purchase. Acura has a long way to go to train its dealers out of the "you should feel lucky that we are allowing you to buy this car from us" attitude that many of them currently live by. Good luck.
Old 09-26-2005, 11:06 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by hondamore
Congrats on the new M. It comes as no surprise to me that the poor customer service from an Acura dealer really became the deciding factor in your purchase. Acura has a long way to go to train its dealers out of the "you should feel lucky that we are allowing you to buy this car from us" attitude that many of them currently live by. Good luck.
Yup.