Temperature Display Vanished

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2017, 09:25 PM
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Temperature Display Vanished

Hi I have the Japanese version of this car I believe (KB1 Legend) however there is little information avalible so I thought I would see what you guys think.

Everything was working fine, however just got the car back from a service and now the temperature in speedo cluster is flatlined (---) and the hvac temperature numbers have disappeared completely from the display screen like they never existed (so canot choose temperature between HI, Lo, and all the inbetween when pressing the switches as I cannot see it) it seems to blows at the engine temp I guess, so its hot all the time.

Honda reckons it wasn't them however they were playing round in both the engine (timing belt) and dash (radio attena) areas during the service so I think they must have bumped something, any ideas are appreciated guys!
Old 05-02-2017, 06:43 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 832 Likes on 679 Posts
First, check the fuse.
Old 05-02-2017, 08:18 AM
Racer

Received 58 Likes on 50 Posts
From looking at pictures, the KB1 Legend is the 2nd Gen Acura RL, so if a mod sees this, they may want to move the post to help OP.

Sounds like it could be a fuse as Turbonut mentioned. I had an issue with my old car where a fuse would keep blowing that would take out my AC and my dash cluster (except RPM and Speedo). Turned out there was a relay that was bad on the compressor that was cauing the fuse to blow. Once the relay was replaced, the fuse that controlled the dash cluster never blew again.
Old 05-02-2017, 12:08 PM

Received 612 Likes on 490 Posts
Is the A/C engaging at all? Sounds like a fuse or relay gone bad.
Old 05-02-2017, 05:05 PM
3rd Gear

Thanks guys, its been too dark to look at the fuse's but am going to do it today, cant tell if the ac is working as there is no way to adjust the temperature to tell (it just blows kinda of cold when you turn the car on, and hot as the engine temp rises), the windscreen defogger button has started flashing occasionally and the steering wheel also no longer seems to auto-retract when I switch the car off. Its booked to go back to honda in 10days but for now its like driving a foggy sauna so I'm going to continue to play around
Old 05-02-2017, 05:59 PM

Received 612 Likes on 490 Posts
How old is you battery?
Old 05-02-2017, 06:44 PM
3rd Gear

According to the previous owner the battery is new and comes with a 3 year warranty, i had a vehicle inspection done two week or so ago at purchase, which showed the battery tested fine, and during the service they also tested they battery, so i think it's more likely they bumped something behind the dash or tripped something if they disconnected the battery, its also possible the damaged the outdoor temp sensor and this is affecting everything else but, not sure yet