Strange Wind Noise on Driver's Side

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2005, 09:47 AM
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Strange Wind Noise on Driver's Side

I have a new RL amd have a strange wind noise (I think) on the front driver's side I cannot get rid of. I only hear this when I'm on the interstate and I'm going at leat 70 miles per hour. The interstate must be smooth. It is not a loud noise, but it is annoying. It sounds like some wires rubbing together, outside or in the door. The noise comes and goes (like the wind rush, I suppose), but it is consistent. You have to listen for it, but if you put your head closer to the window you can hear it better. Radio must be off to hear noise. I have taken it back to the dealer 3 times. The first time they taped some wires in the door and that seemed to help somewhat, but it's still there. They seem to think it's wind noise, but I'm not so sure. (The car was taken back the day after it was purchased for repair.) (They fixed the dashboard noise, which some have reported, which my wife heard.) Any ideas what this could be?
Old 05-14-2005, 09:55 AM
4th Gear

BTW, I drove another new RL (as a loaner car) and it had thie same noise as mine, only louder (I guess since the wires had not been taped).

Originally Posted by robertrl
I have a new RL amd have a strange wind noise (I think) on the front driver's side I cannot get rid of. I only hear this when I'm on the interstate and I'm going at leat 70 miles per hour. The interstate must be smooth. It is not a loud noise, but it is annoying. It sounds like some wires rubbing together, outside or in the door. The noise comes and goes (like the wind rush, I suppose), but it is consistent. You have to listen for it, but if you put your head closer to the window you can hear it better. Radio must be off to hear noise. I have taken it back to the dealer 3 times. The first time they taped some wires in the door and that seemed to help somewhat, but it's still there. They seem to think it's wind noise, but I'm not so sure. (The car was taken back the day after it was purchased for repair.) (They fixed the dashboard noise, which some have reported, which my wife heard.) Any ideas what this could be?
Old 05-14-2005, 10:02 AM
4th Gear

I posted this as "wind noise", but perhaps it is something else being aggravated by wind noise/turbulence.
Old 05-14-2005, 12:21 PM
office monkey

hmm...I dont hear this with mine. Only thing I hear on the driver side is wind going over the mirror when my window is down. With the window up I havent heard anything annoying while at speed.