Shopping Around for a 2005 CPO

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2008, 07:27 PM
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Shopping Around for a 2005 CPO

I've said it before, but it's worth saying again, this forum is a great resource of info, and I thank everyone for their help.

I took a drive and looked at a CPO 2005 model with around 30k. The in-service date was 9/05 which means I'll get more than a year and a half on the limited/non-powertrain warranty.

The car felt nice on the test drive but I can see what people are saying about the lack of low-end torque, basically felt like my 05 accord v6 in terms of acceleration.

I let the dealer know he was my first stop and I had a couple of other RLs to look at. He said he priced the car aggressively to begin with but if he had to know a FEW dollars off the to get my business TODAYhe would. I've heard it all before....the listed price is $24,000.

Car looked clean all around, but there has been some minor paint work done on the rear quarter and hood. front fenders have NOT been painted so I'm assuming it was a minor incident eith the hood, plus carfax came back clean (although the report was an old one from when the lease was turned in in 9/08--which I guess means its been sitting on the lot for 3-4 months). This VIN ended in 20xxx

I scoured this website and looked for all the known 2005 glitches. The only problems were that 2-3 bulbs by the driver temp. control were out and the rear windows would not raise/lower from driver's door, but would from rear door,

Either way I'm looking for an a clean 05 with around 30k.
What would be considered a good deal for a CPO.

Thanks in advance for any help!
Old 12-27-2008, 04:37 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by burn101010
I've said it before, but it's worth saying again, this forum is a great resource of info, and I thank everyone for their help.

I took a drive and looked at a CPO 2005 model with around 30k. The in-service date was 9/05 which means I'll get more than a year and a half on the limited/non-powertrain warranty.

The car felt nice on the test drive but I can see what people are saying about the lack of low-end torque, basically felt like my 05 accord v6 in terms of acceleration.

I let the dealer know he was my first stop and I had a couple of other RLs to look at. He said he priced the car aggressively to begin with but if he had to know a FEW dollars off the to get my business TODAYhe would. I've heard it all before....the listed price is $24,000.

Car looked clean all around, but there has been some minor paint work done on the rear quarter and hood. front fenders have NOT been painted so I'm assuming it was a minor incident eith the hood, plus carfax came back clean (although the report was an old one from when the lease was turned in in 9/08--which I guess means its been sitting on the lot for 3-4 months). This VIN ended in 20xxx

I scoured this website and looked for all the known 2005 glitches. The only problems were that 2-3 bulbs by the driver temp. control were out and the rear windows would not raise/lower from driver's door, but would from rear door,

Either way I'm looking for an a clean 05 with around 30k.
What would be considered a good deal for a CPO.

Thanks in advance for any help!
I just bought a 2005 RL with under 10,000 miles, NOT CPO, but still under warranty until 10/08 for $20,500. Also had some minor body work, but I tracked down the shop that did the work and got some details. Since I plan on buying the extended warranty through Acura, I stopped looking for the CPO cars since they all seemed to ask $3000+ more than cars w/o. Another I was going to look at, but sold before I could, had 41,000, still under warranty, and they were asking $18500.

Good luck in your search! I've only had mine for about a week and I am loving it!
Old 12-27-2008, 04:40 AM
Advanced

Oh, btw, I had the window bug. And, as you said, got the answer to fix it from this great forum!

1) from the back door, push button to lower window and hold button down for additional 5 seconds after window is down.

2) Put window up, holding button again in the up position for 5 seconds after window has closed.

3) Rinse and repeat for other window. Back in business.
Old 12-27-2008, 11:15 AM
6th Gear

Yea that seems what is wrong with the windows. Thanks a lot.

It seems that finding a cream puff of a car under the original warranty is the way to go. I think the CPO process is overrated. It's really easy to check off every box if a car looks clean and call it certified. Plus, Im looking for a car with around 30k or less which means the tires and brakes have not and will not have been replaced under CPO---the avg seems to be 40-45k on this forum for replacing those items.

One thing the CPOs have going for them is the low financing 2.9% is pretty good.
Old 12-28-2008, 08:43 AM
Advanced

I'm not 100% sure yet but I am thinking about moving into an SUV and if that is the case, the my RL will have to go because I don't have any more garage space. Mine is an 05, with 25k miles, pearl white/tan leather, no accidents, no dings, no wheel rash, and AcuraCare until 75k. I keep all my cars looking like my NSX so there's no surprises there. Let me know if that is something you're interested in.