Shopping for 2006/2007 RL

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2010, 05:27 PM
Cruising in ATL!!

Received 12 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by baboya96
So buyer is willing to let it go for $22k. What do you guys think?
I'm trying to set up an appointment to look at it this weekend.
Went to look at it and car was in excellent condition as described minus a few scratches from normal driving. Was agreed on pricing and decided to set up a time to get it checked-out at a local acura dealer before finalizing the transaction. I was also interested in buying an extended warranty at the dealer same time getting it checked-out.

Well, today get a call and seller is saying he is not willing to meet me at the dealer to get it checked-out due to his health reason. (he lives approx 1.5 hours from the dealer) I offered to pick him up myself and drive it to the dealer to get it worked out but he's saying he would decline and pursue other buyers that would purchase it on the spot. I'm feeling un-easy about it so decide to move-on... Car was very clean but not clean enough to purchase without having a certified technician's confirmation.

Didn't realize finding an RL would be this difficult!!!
Old 11-29-2010, 07:49 PM
Missing my

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
It's a "rare" car, but you're smart to take your time! Better off not buying from someone like that.
Old 12-01-2010, 12:20 PM
Banned

Received 113 Likes on 91 Posts
Originally Posted by baboya96
Went to look at it and car was in excellent condition as described minus a few scratches from normal driving. Was agreed on pricing and decided to set up a time to get it checked-out at a local acura dealer before finalizing the transaction. I was also interested in buying an extended warranty at the dealer same time getting it checked-out.

Well, today get a call and seller is saying he is not willing to meet me at the dealer to get it checked-out due to his health reason. (he lives approx 1.5 hours from the dealer) I offered to pick him up myself and drive it to the dealer to get it worked out but he's saying he would decline and pursue other buyers that would purchase it on the spot. I'm feeling un-easy about it so decide to move-on... Car was very clean but not clean enough to purchase without having a certified technician's confirmation.

Didn't realize finding an RL would be this difficult!!!
Very smart decision man. If more people stood their ground when making a large investment like a car, they'd be a lot less people with buyers remorse. Take your time like you are doing and one of these great cars will be in your driveway soon!!! Being in a very large metro city like ATL I'd think this would be easier than not. Have you broadened your search to include Augusta? Odds are maybe that guy could have lived there being 1.5hrs away. Maybe look at Greenville-Spartenburg or Columbia, SC in your search.