several issues

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2008, 12:18 PM
Randy is the Future

Received 44 Likes on 23 Posts
several issues

Well i finally got my car back after having it in the shop for the weekend. I brought my RL in to get the brakes and rotors replaced, steering hose recall taken cared of and couple lights went dead in the interior. I was suppose to get it back Friday but they called and said they needed to keep it over night because the bulbs are on back order. They gave me an 08 TL to keep for the weekend, which i might say is a pretty nice car. Very quick and sporty but felt waay too loose at high speeds. It was pretty scarey driving the car at 65 and up. Made me miss my RL even more. So after i went to pick up my car to day they said the bulbs still havent come in but they took care of everything else. So i paid talked to the finance manager about getting an extended warranty on the car. After the convo i went out to my car and as soon as i started it up i got an error message stating that my AFS was not working properly. So i drove it right back into the service center and showed the service tech and he stated that i need a new control unit. He didnt even hesistate which leads me to believe they had the problem before i even picked up but wanted me to be the one to find it. He said that the AFS unit have been updated since the 05 model and that i needed the newer version thats why i had that problem. Is this true or is it just a lie to get me to not be upset about the situation. Its all under warranty but it will be a pain to have to set up another appointment to drop my car off to have it taken cared of when it could have all been dealt with before i came to get the car. I am curious to know who else has brought their cars in to have the steering hose replaced and if they noticed a different between how the car felt before and after. I dont know if its because i was driving the TL for the weekend but it feels sooo much more looser while driving. The car its self feels fine but the steering just feels like it moves so effort-less. The TL's steering wheel felt alot tighter.

On a second note, the finance manager stated that i had to buy the extended warranty before the factory warranty was up and offered me an aftermarket warranty. I have about 45000 miles and since my car is certified it has a bumper to bumper up to 62000 miles. I thought i would be able to purchase it before the actually bumper to bumper was up.

Lastly, i dont know if this belongs here or the other sections but i will just mention it in all places but the finance manager stated that the new TSX will get some form of the turbo engine like in the RDX and an option for some form of the SH-awd. The TL will be out in the fall and will be offered with the SH-awd.