AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community

AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community (https://acurazine.com/forums/)
-   2G RL (2005-2012) (https://acurazine.com/forums/2g-rl-2005-2012-76/)
-   -   It says "pull the backup fuse for 1 minute" - where is the backup fuse? (https://acurazine.com/forums/2g-rl-2005-2012-76/says-pull-backup-fuse-1-minute-where-backup-fuse-864765/)

Draxx 08-01-2012 07:13 PM

It says "pull the backup fuse for 1 minute" - where is the backup fuse?

Trying to get my radio and navi codes without taking the car apart :-/ .... it says I need to pull the backup fuse for 1 minute ... but I don't know where that is?

oo7spy 08-01-2012 07:28 PM

Pull a fuse to get a radio code? :huh:

There is a 50A fuse on the battery terminal, but think that is for the radiator fans.

Draxx 08-01-2012 08:10 PM

Yep that's what myacura.com says to do to get the radio code from the device when it turns on.

Is there another method perhaps?

vletnguyen 08-01-2012 08:26 PM

fuse on the back of the radio?

oo7spy 08-01-2012 09:35 PM

:scratch: Umm... Removing power will only prompt you for a radio/nav code and lock you out until you enter it. The whole purpose is to stop people from stealing the unit. If you could get the code from the unit, you have created a self defeating system.

Acura has the code on file linked to your VIN. Have you checked the manual case, maintenance log book, and left inside of the glove compartment?

IanVS 08-01-2012 10:28 PM

In case you haven't already noticed, there's a "secret compartment" at the top of the glove box. Manuals/codes might be in there.

Draxx 08-01-2012 10:46 PM

Originally Posted by oo7spy (Post 13945614)
:scratch: Umm... Removing power will only prompt you for a radio/nav code and lock you out until you enter it. The whole purpose is to stop people from stealing the unit. If you could get the code from the unit, you have created a self defeating system.

Acura has the code on file linked to your VIN. Have you checked the manual case, maintenance log book, and left inside of the glove compartment?

That's exactly what I thought. :whyme::annoyed:

Draxx 08-02-2012 11:23 AM

have found a place that says "Serial Number" on the navi... and I was wondering if someone would confirm for me if this is in fact the SN for our units.

To find it do this:

Enter diagnostic mode by pressing "map/guide" , "Menu" and "Cancel" all at the same time.

Select Unit Check

Select Navi ECU

On this page is a serial number. Can someone confirm the serial number they see here is the one listed on their sticker/card???

BillG49 08-02-2012 11:42 AM

Draxx,

If you are registered on myacura.com, you can see the radio and nav codes on the "Model Information" page. The Nav code is a 4 digit number and the Radio code is a 5 digit number.

If you're not registered on myacura.com, and you don't find anything in the "secret compartment" at the top of the glove box, call Acura and ask them for the code. You'll have to prove ownership.

edit: I just looked at myacura.com again, and it appears that I entered my codes so I could find them if I lost the cards. My memory ain't what it used to be.

Draxx 08-02-2012 12:21 PM

I have called Acura client relations and they have told me I must retrieve them myself by taking the car apart and reading them off the units.

I was hoping I got lucky and that this was the NAVI serial number but I need someone to compare it to theirs to be sure.

Ken1997TL 08-02-2012 12:28 PM

Pop your hood. Lift off the cover of your fusebox. Look underneath that cover.

There may be a five digit code (for the radio) and a four digit code (for the navigation)

Enter those codes.

oo7spy 08-02-2012 01:09 PM

My codes are written on first page of the maintenance log book. Same with my wife's CR-V. I believe it is part of the delivery inspection process.

Draxx 08-02-2012 01:20 PM

I have checked the door wells - the glove box - the "hidden" manual compartment - the maintenance log book - the user manual - the navi manual, the quick setup guide and I have looked in the trunk. All over the trunk for that sticker and the cargo net that I thought might be stuffed down in with the spare.

The original sound demo CD was in there along with the demo dvd for the car. ... but no damn sticker and no damn card. I will go check the fuse boxes now.

EDIT:
Okay checked all the fuse boxes. No sticker there either.

Do any of you have an 05 RL and can look in the diag menu at the serial number there and tell me if it matches yours?

On that screen mine says Serial#: FBB21012214

getakey 08-02-2012 01:41 PM

I can confirm that I see the serial number in the diagnostics window.
How do you get diagnostics to display without the navi code?

Draxx 08-02-2012 01:45 PM

Originally Posted by getakey (Post 13947149)
I can confirm that I see the serial number in the diagnostics window.
How do you get diagnostics to display without the navi code?

I don't know how you get the diagnostics to display without the navi code.

I am just shocked nobody has discovered that the navi serial number seems to be right there in the window. Everywhere I read says it is not electronically available and yet ??

But to confirm - is the serial number you see the same serial number on your cards for your unit? I thought maybe it could be a serial number for something else. ?

getakey 08-02-2012 01:49 PM

no, the serial number is not the code that you enter
I don't recall if the serial number is on the code
I can go check in a few minutes

Draxx 08-02-2012 01:52 PM

Originally Posted by getakey (Post 13947173)
no, the serial number is not the code that you enter
I don't recall if the serial number is on the code
I can go check in a few minutes

Correct - the serial number is not the code - its just the serial number ... but with the number I can call Acura and get the code but I want to be sure that is in the "right" serial number Im seeing.

Barring that I am told I have to take the navi apart to get the serial number.

getakey 08-02-2012 01:56 PM

why not call with that number?
It is labelled serial number in the screen. What else could it be?

Draxx 08-02-2012 02:08 PM

A serial number for the software perhaps? I will call them with it just as soon as I can get someone else to confirm that it matches theirs. The last thing I want to do is call with a serial number that "looks" like its the right one but then find out that it was not and now I have a code for a serial number that is not for my unit.

With the luck ... or in this case lack of luck ... I have had on this issue I think I better to double check first.

That and everyone says it's not electronically available ...... but yet it "seems" to be ?????

getakey 08-02-2012 02:21 PM

I just confirmed with the serial number on the card.

Now, I'm confused. If entering the code is theft deterent and the serial number is also on the unit itself. Why would Acura give you the code based on having the serial number?

Draxx 08-02-2012 02:34 PM

Originally Posted by getakey (Post 13947287)

Now, I'm confused. If entering the code is theft deterent and the serial number is also on the unit itself. Why would Acura give you the code based on having the serial number?

Well you also have to confirm/prove ownership by VIN number with Acura before they will give it to you. I just can't believe nobody there told me to go look at this screen but instead told me to go pay the stealership to take it apart and tell me.

Draxx 08-02-2012 02:37 PM

Originally Posted by getakey (Post 13947287)

Ohhh wow that's awesome! I just realized I got my NAVI serial number!!! :) :) :)

Now all I have to do is get the radio one. Back to figuring out what exactly it means to "pull the backup fuse for 1 minute" ...

getakey 08-02-2012 02:43 PM

I would think Acura would give you the radio code if you called with the Nav serial number and car VIN

Draxx 08-02-2012 03:23 PM

Drama solved. Codes obtained.

Thanks again getakey!

The backup fuse is the 7.5 AMP fuse for the radio in the driver side fuse box.

IanVS 08-02-2012 05:16 PM

And pulling that gave you the code?

getakey 08-02-2012 05:36 PM

I think when the radio reboots, it gives the serial number, not the code.

Draxx 08-02-2012 05:51 PM

Originally Posted by getakey (Post 13947881)
I think when the radio reboots, it gives the serial number, not the code.

Correct it gives the serial number and with that you can obtain the code.

Noemi Rosado 07-17-2018 06:33 PM

Don't bother with that it is sooo much easier to just all acura and they will fast and easy and they will tell you exactly what to do.
Seriously its quick and easy and they walk you through all the steps on the phone.

SFO2004TSX 10-05-2018 10:43 AM

I've botched the "code" entering process after i replaced my battery. I tried too many times to enter the code. Now I'm locked out. Im now on "err2". I have a 2004 tsx and I need to find the "backup fuse" and its number on the fuse panel. I see the diagrams but none identify the exact fuse number and location. I tried the "disconnect the battery and let sit for 5 minutes", and that didn't work. I tried the "leave the radio on for 1 hour" with ignition in ACC (accessories) mode. no joy. any suggestions?

Shawn Tran 02-22-2019 06:01 PM

Back up fuse location

Originally Posted by Draxx (Post 13945314)
Trying to get my radio and navi codes without taking the car apart :-/ .... it says I need to pull the backup fuse for 1 minute ... but I don't know where that is?

it is in the engine room fuse box. Label Back up fuse and it is 40 A