remote pouch

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2005, 07:14 PM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
remote pouch

remote pouch

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.handa-accessories.com/merchandise-acu.html
See last item on the page.

For anyone who may need something to protect and a means to provide a key chain attachment for the remote, this may be the answer.

It should is better than drilling a hole into the remote, which I will not do. I ordered 2, and I will report back as to how well they are made.
Old 01-14-2005, 09:33 PM
8-)
...just another stooge...

that's clever
Old 01-15-2005, 12:37 AM
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
I am looking for a way to hand the car over to a valet without having to unhook the fob from my key chain. That fob holder might do it if it is easily unhooked from a key chain. Other option, as you stated, is to drill a small hole and install a small key ring in the end away from the current hole. I look forward to your review once you get the holder.
Old 01-15-2005, 02:01 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Old 01-15-2005, 02:46 PM
Intermediate

Pouch suggestion

I am totally satisfied with the setup that I have. I would like to post pictures but I don't know how it insert them into this post. If anyone can give tips, I'd appreciate it.

For Driver 1, I have the smallest phone holster in a clamshell form with two wide elastic straps holding the clamshell together at the sides and bottom. It comes in silver, black and blue. It can be bought anywhere (got mine at Frys, I've also seen them at phone stores) It is a generic model. The elastic is firm enough to keep it in place yet the remote can easily be retrieved with a simple pull. I have my keys attached to the remote through a thin nylon rope lanyard that I fabricated from one of those fancy eyeglass headstrap retainers. Also on the lanyard is a removable keyring if I want to attach keys that I want to remove. This setup has a belt clip so it stays firmly on the belt. And the clip is not cheesy. The sides are made of rigid plastic and the remote will not pop out under any circumstances through my tests. It offers full protection and the remote remains in pristine condition.

For Driver 2, I have a Promaster camera pouch in their smallest size. This was my first solution until I found the clamshell phone holster. This is a soft pouch with a velcro belt attachment and a velcro closure top flap. I also made the eyeglass retainer nylon rope lanyard conversion for this with a detatchable keyring. It's not as nice functionally or stylish as my other one, buy why throw away something that works? After all it's for Driver 2.

This is one of the first things I thought about when I got the car because my previous remotes just got beat up horribly from the keys. Promised myself that that would'nt happen again when I got a new car. I searched long and hard for a solution and I'm very happy with this solution. Hope it helps someone else.
Old 01-15-2005, 04:49 PM
Racer

Novice: That is what I brought.

Kickbucket1: Clever custom solutions you have. The phone holder also allows attaching it to the belt, which frees the coat pockets. thanks.
Old 01-20-2005, 07:26 PM
Racer

I got the pouch. It doesn't fit the RL remote well. The remote is too long and doesn't allow the key ring to go through the pouch. I am mainly interested in protecting the pouch, and I want to keep the remote separate from the kees; so I will still use it.