Question: Dialing from Address Book

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2005, 10:58 AM
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Question: Dialing from Address Book

I am sorry to repost this but have not been able to solve this and hope will get some help again.

In the navigation system, you can go to Places and get the name, address, and phone number of businesses. As part of that screen there is a Item called "CALL" with the phone icon. This is grayed out on my screen (yours too?). I would like to know how this becomes active and usable? Is this only for Onstar calling or can we bluetoothers use it too? I have successfully paired my bluetooth phone, by the way. Thanks.
Old 03-02-2005, 09:16 PM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just went to mine and tried it.

Works fine for me using my bluetooth phone. "Call" was not grayed out and when I selected "Call" the HFL started the dialing process.

Does yours happen with all places? I tried a local bank.

Pete
Old 03-02-2005, 11:22 PM
Advanced

I had the same problem a while back. It disappeared along with the traffic function in the nav system, but returned after I pulled the #5 fuse etc. Some time later, however, the call function disappeared again, this time while the traffic function was in order. It turned out I had the phone in my pocket, but it wasn't turned on. Turning the phone on did not bing the dialing function back, not even after several miles of driving. Turning the car off, including the ignition in the full off position, then turning on the phone, then starting the car again, brought it back. Don't know if that is your poblem, but could be worth checking.
Old 03-03-2005, 12:40 AM
Racer

mungoac,

I thought you might have hit the problem with your answer, but just went outside to my RL to test your theory out.

1. I tried turning on the car with the phone powered off, then turned on the phone...all worked OK.

2. I then tried turning on the car with the phone powered on but with bluetooth off, then turning on the bluetooth...all worked OK again.

This might be phone-dependant...I have a Moto V551.

Pete
Old 03-04-2005, 08:41 PM
Racer

I was just in with the 4-part service update and had the service manager look at my Bluetooth. Of course, the first question he asked was "Is your phone on the approved bluetooth list?" Argggh, no its not but it works fine for the steering wheel phone. So he borrowed the bosses phone, links it, and voila the "Call" feature is no longer grayed-out. Then I say "Let me try mine now"... and it STILL works with my phone. So he deletes the borrowed "approved" phone but I try mine and no more "Call" for mine! So he relinks the borrowed phone and turns it off. Now mine works again. So that is where I'm at ... I have the borrowed phone linked in my system and I can use "Call" no problem. Don't know why this workaround worked but am a happy camper again.
Old 03-04-2005, 09:57 PM
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Please list the type of phones were involved, both yours and the dealerships? I have an Audiovox SMT 5600 and I can not call points of interest from the Nav, except for Honda and Acura dealers. If there is a Honda or Acura icon on the screen, I can call by using the Call option from the screen. All others are grayed out.
Old 03-04-2005, 10:48 PM
Racer

Gator5000e:

I have the new Treo 650. Downloaded the HFL patch from PalmOne before I bluetooth-linked to the RL. Worked fine except no signal strength, battery strength in the MIDI or, as discussed here, no "Call" available from Nav. Now the "Call" works since I paired another "approved" bluetooth phone into the system. I am sorry but don't know what the phone was. I will try to call tomorrow to ask the service advisor what phone he borrowed.