Please help identify this hose.......I am leaking!!!! gotta leaker!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2020, 07:02 PM
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Please help identify this hose.......I am leaking!!!! gotta leaker!!!

Hello all......Just had my 06 all buttoned up very recently.....oil pump seal....oil pan.......etc were leaking and I had it repaired. Now I am noticing 2 things.....
1. I use my AC all the time even in the winter ...it is cold here in Va and on days around 50 degrees I notice my car draining condensation from 2 different places......it really comes out strong near the center of the car which is odd. Today I had it on ramps and of course I couldnt get her to do it so i will revisit soon. I am assuming I may have a clogged system and I need to blow compressed air or something up the drain tube even though there is some water coming out the correct area there is far more water coming out of the center of the car.......and I forgot to check for wet carpet on passenger side today.

2. the reason for this post......now after my car had major surgery with the oil pump seal and oil pan etc I might expect some sloppy mechanic work and have the plastic under body of the car be wet....but I have been watching this since the repair and I am uneasy about just what the hell is leaking. Could it be condensation dripping down.....power steering fluid.......rack and pinion? .......coolant............oil? You ask where the hell are you talking about......the wet under body or plastic cover is located front right all the way forward just behind the radiator but again front right side.......I can barely get a good visual on it with a flash light but when I do I can clearly see that it is wet. Sooooooooo what is there in that spot?????? Well the power steering reservoir is there and the little hoses do look a little wet......a condensation line is there and it is always sweating.........and below that is another hose that I will show in a pic and this hose was covered in fluid.....I will say it was kinda golden fluid but dont quote me on that because there is a mix of things going on in this spot. This hose runs forward towards the radiator I assume to be cooled.........and backwards over the control arm I believe it is........What i this hose please??????? Does this car have rack and pinion? Could it be from my rocker arm rubber cracking??? I am far from a mechanic so obviously I am fishing here......please see pic and see if u can lend a hand.

I buttoned the underskirt all back up and cleaned everything. I will put her back up on ramps after another 100 miles to see if I can determine what is going on.

Old 02-03-2020, 01:39 AM
Drifting

Received 480 Likes on 421 Posts
That is the low pressure power steering return line from the cooler.

Yes, you have a rack n pinion.
Old 02-03-2020, 09:25 AM
Advanced

Thank thank you......there is always someone that knows every nut and bolt in a car. I will drive it another 100 miles now that I have everything wiped clean......I guess it is possible that when the shop was doing my oil pump seal and other work that he may have disconnected this hose and made a mess and just left it like that. It is a real pain to remove the underskirt so he probably figured nobody would ever check.....or the flip side is that I have a leak.
Old 02-03-2020, 10:26 AM
Drifting

Received 480 Likes on 421 Posts
Tip

Next time with the panel off, test drive the car with the panel off and check for a leak before you put the panel back on.
Old 02-20-2020, 08:59 AM
Advanced

Ya roger that....I didnt remove it all the way....I just removed pass side hardware and peeled back the plastic enough to see the front right corner..........when I was done I just flipped the plastic back in place.