Owner's clinics...

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2006, 11:55 PM
2012 Cadillac CTS-V Coupe

Received 95 Likes on 66 Posts
Owner's clinics...

My dealer conducts owner's clinics for those who recently purchased a new Acura. Here is a copy of the letter I received today.

Dear New Acura Owner,

Congratulations on your new Acura purchase! We sincerely appreciate your decision to purchase your new car from us. You are cordially invited to our "ACURA OWNER CLINIC" on Saturday XXXX XX, 2006. The session is scheduled to begin at 9:15 am and will run for approximately one hour to one hour and fifteen minutes, check-in time starts at 8:45am. When you arrive, please pull your Acura into the service drive.

For attending you will receive:
  • Free Hand Car wash
  • Free Oil Change Coupon
  • Free Acura Factory Touch Up paint

Bring any and all questions regarding your new Acura, and learn more about the maintenance needs of your car.

Sincerely,

The [dealership name] Team

I happened to see the start of one of these clinics the day after I bought my car. I went back to drop off the title to my trade, and they were just kicking off one of these clinics. They had a continental breakfast spread with Starbucks coffee. They basically took you on a tour of the dealership and introduced you to the service managers.

I've been a customer of this dealership for over 12 years so I know all of the service managers pretty well, so that's not a big deal to me, but I could think of worse ways to spend a Saturday morning.

I'm wondering if all Acura dealers do this or if this is specific to only my dealer.
Old 06-08-2006, 12:12 AM

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts
Dunno, some dealers do, some don't.

I'd go solely for the free oil change coupon and touch-up paint.
Old 06-08-2006, 06:46 AM
Safety Car

Received 312 Likes on 198 Posts
My Acura dealer does not do this - but my Honda dealer did.
Old 06-09-2006, 12:42 PM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My dealer does them, but does not give oil changes.
Old 06-11-2006, 02:51 AM
10th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Dealers' Clinics

Originally Posted by GoHawks
My dealer conducts owner's clinics for those who recently purchased a new Acura. Here is a copy of the letter I received today.

Dear New Acura Owner,

Congratulations on your new Acura purchase! We sincerely appreciate your decision to purchase your new car from us. You are cordially invited to our "ACURA OWNER CLINIC" on Saturday XXXX XX, 2006. The session is scheduled to begin at 9:15 am and will run for approximately one hour to one hour and fifteen minutes, check-in time starts at 8:45am. When you arrive, please pull your Acura into the service drive.

• Free Hand Car wash
  • Free Oil Change Coupon

Bring any and all questions regarding your new Acura, and learn more about the maintenance needs of your car.

Sincerely,

I happened to see the start of one of these clinics the day after I bought my car. I went back to drop off the title to my trade, and they were just kicking off one of these clinics. They had a continental breakfast spread with Starbucks coffee. They basically took you on a tour of the dealership and introduced you to the service managers.

I've been a customer of this dealership for over 12 years so I know all of the service managers pretty well, so that's not a big deal to me, but I could think of worse ways to spend a Saturday morning.

I'm wondering if all Acura dealers do this or if this is specific to only my dealer.

When I bought my RL the dealer gave me a printed schedule of clinics, which were to be held (refreshments and all) approximately once a month at 6PM. After owning the car for about three weeks, I realized that I had a problem with the XM radio (Nav-traffic was missing as were Acura Link messages). Since I thought that the problem might be my programming of the radio, I decided to go to one of the clinics. When I arrived, printed schedule in hand, the sales staff, including the sales manager, looked at me blankly; they had never heard of any clinics. They then called the service manager who was equally puzzled. (I was really glad that I had their printed info with me!) Finally, in spite of the fact that the sevice area was officially closed for the day, they got both a technologically savvy salesman and a tech to check the car. It turned out that the car needed one of the TSB's and we set up a regular service appointment to handle it.

A good example of the dealership's inept but amiable service !
Old 06-11-2006, 11:02 PM
9th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by GoHawks

Dear New Acura Owner,

• Free Hand Car wash
  • Free Oil Change Coupon

Sincerely,

I can't speak for all, but my Acura dealer does. In fact, every Saturday you can come in and they will address all issues and concerns. My dealership is an exclusive Acura Dealer. They have serviced my cars, with free loaners since I have owned Acura's. Hope you all experience the same.