Oakland Acura Service is Great

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2006, 12:18 PM
kgd
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Oakland Acura Service is Great

I see so many threads here trashing Acura Dealers for their lack of service.

I have purchased several cars and had service performed on them through Oakland Acura and they have always been great. They have always went out of their way to make sure I was satisfied with the work and do a great job. The only issue I have had with the car is an occational problem with the voice recognition. Although it is taking longer than I would have liked I know from my own experience that it is hard to get the problem to duplicate itself when I want it to, but they have really went beyond my expectations to work on this issue.

So if you are in the Bay Area you should definitely check these guys out.
Old 07-07-2006, 01:22 PM
2012 Cadillac CTS-V Coupe

Received 95 Likes on 66 Posts
Acura of Liberyville in the Chicago 'burbs is the best IMO.
Old 07-07-2006, 02:08 PM
'06 RL

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Marty Sussman Acura in Maple Shade, NJ is pretty good, too. I just had the first service on my '06, an A1, for $64.00, at a little over 6000 miles. Came back washed and on time.
Old 07-08-2006, 10:43 AM
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by kgd
I see so many threads here trashing Acura Dealers for their lack of service.

I have purchased several cars and had service performed on them through Oakland Acura and they have always been great. They have always went out of their way to make sure I was satisfied with the work and do a great job. The only issue I have had with the car is an occational problem with the voice recognition. Although it is taking longer than I would have liked I know from my own experience that it is hard to get the problem to duplicate itself when I want it to, but they have really went beyond my expectations to work on this issue.

So if you are in the Bay Area you should definitely check these guys out.
I'm very pleased with Bridewater Acura in New Jersey.

I think the problem with voice recognition is the technology isn't where we expect it to be, not that the system in your RL is defective. My TL and MDX's systems aren't 100% flawless either- in fact it makes many mistakes. Everyone I talk to about their car systems- BMW owner buddy for one- say the same thing; it's not always accurate. I believe the manufacturer of HFML has a product that works, but speech recognition is such a difficult technology that it's hard to get it right all the time.

IBM came out with voice recognition years ago for it's PC's. It was intended for the blind so they wouldn't have to use brail on their keyboards. IBM was quick to realize that people would rather speak than type and started marketing it to the general population; it was terrible!!!!!!!!! Almost every word needed to be restated. They've come a long way, and I'm not a scientist, but this technology will continue to improve.

I generally like the technology and it is a terrific feature when I need to make a call while I'm driving.
Old 07-08-2006, 03:18 PM
2012 Cadillac CTS-V Coupe

Received 95 Likes on 66 Posts
You guys need some perspective. The voice recognition in the RL is 500% better than the system in my 2004 Toyota Land Cruiser. In that system, I have to restate the directions at least 3 or 4 out of 5 times. It's basically worthless, and I abandoned it almost immediately. I find myself using the system in the RL quite often and it misunderstands me only once and a while.