No branded emergency kit

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2007, 08:11 AM
Go Big Blue!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
No branded emergency kit

Just had my RL for a bit over a month and need get a breakdown kit for it. I went over to my dealer but was surprised Acura didn't offer one. You know, something sleek with the words Acura on it and a compact case (that could velcro to the carpet) with Jumpers, flairs, and a few other items. What a missed opportunity. I think they would sell one to practically every guy who buys a car from them.

But wait, I could by a baseball cap or a polo shirt with the "Acura" logo on it!. Now that's something I really need
Old 06-03-2007, 10:02 AM
Torch & Pitchfork Posse

Received 1,806 Likes on 793 Posts
Talking

My dealer gave me a trunk bag with the Acura logo on it. I put my generic roadside emergency kit and first aid kit in it. Psuedo 'Acura' emergency kit accomplished!
Old 06-03-2007, 11:28 AM
Go Big Blue!

I wasn't even looking for something for free. But, now that you mention the bag they gave you, that would be a great idea. If I was a dealer, I think a small kit to each customer (Jumpers, two glow sticks, a flashlight) would be a nice touch for helping to get a customer to bond with the dealership.

Of course, you'd embrouder the dealer name and phone number on it for the constant advertising. Even if they didn't buy an acura next time, they'd certainly transfer the kit to the new car. So when they break down with that BMW the Acura dealers name will be staring them in the face reminding them of their stupid decision
Old 06-03-2007, 11:44 AM
Torch & Pitchfork Posse

Talking

Mike,

I too asked my dealer about an emergency kit. He felt it was a good idea (hence the trunk bag), but his summation was that since Acura had roadside assistance it was redundant. He also thought an emergency kit had a negative connotation to most carefree buyers.

Still, I got the trunk bag, some Tshirts, a polo, a leather Acura portfolio, pens, a bottle of Merlot and a little silver Acura tin with jellybeans!

I do believe I saw a Honda emergency kit on one of the OEM accessory suppliers websites. More Honda branded accesories than Acura.

I think most drivers are not as conscientious drivers as we are and unaffected by that product (perk or sale). And contrary to the typical Acura owner profiles, maybe we are more brand / label whores!
Old 06-03-2007, 01:19 PM
2012 Cadillac CTS-V Coupe

Received 95 Likes on 66 Posts
Our dealer does a clinic once every couple of weeks for new owners. When I went to mine they gave everyone a first aid kit. It's a zippered semi hard case with the Acura logo on it.

I also won a drawing and the prize was a Acura coffee travel mug
Old 06-03-2007, 02:13 PM
Torch & Pitchfork Posse

Talking

Originally Posted by GoHawks
Our dealer does a clinic once every couple of weeks for new owners. When I went to mine they gave everyone a first aid kit. It's a zippered semi hard case with the Acura logo on it.

I also won a drawing and the prize was a Acura coffee travel mug
Hawks,

Would you mind finding out from the dealer where the Acura First Aid kit was obtained? Likely a logo style marketing company? I have not found one via the usual Acura Accessiories vendors. I would like to order one.

This brand whore would like to have one for my office. (The Johnson & Johnson kit will remain in the trunk in the Acura logo trunk bag).

Oh, another freebee was an Acura logo flag from the Acura celebrity golf tournament last March here at Innesbrook. It is proudly hanging in the garage.
Old 06-03-2007, 05:52 PM
Go Big Blue!

Man, I'm jealous. My dealer doesn't give anything away to anyone. You get a handshake. If you're lucky they hold the door for you as you leave

After reading your emails, I just went out and bought a small breakdown kit for my car at Discount Auto. No Acura logo but I guess it will have to do <sigh>
Old 06-03-2007, 06:52 PM
'06 RL

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I would be put off by getting a pair of jumper cables with my brand new car.... seriously.

A first aid kit would be cool (do MB's still come with them in the rear package shelf?) but all of that is unnecessary with roadside assistance and OnStar, isn't it?
Old 06-03-2007, 07:20 PM
Go Big Blue!

It's a valid point about the image that portrays for a new car. However, breaking down is reality. I think most people know that.

Road side assistance is great, but what if you just need a jump. A pair of jumper cables will have you on your way far quicker then any road side assistance will. Also, what if you breakdown on the side of the road. A set of flairs can save your life especially if your on a dark highway shoulder.

Roadside assistance doesn't replace a few items that EVERY driver should have on hand to be self sufficient in a jam.
Old 06-03-2007, 07:32 PM
Torch & Pitchfork Posse

Talking

I agree, the FIRST point of assistance is yourself. Jumping someone else with a dead battery will not be served by Acura roadside assistance. It's just sensibility vs. image....and you know which way a dealer will go.

Mike, with family in the biz, I am shocked you didn't get the jelly beans!

I am taking my RL in Tuesday after work for the driver door panel replacement and driver seat leather replacement. I'll ask about first aid kits. Rumor has it an MDX is reserved for me.

Mike, if ya like, I can charm them outta an Acura jelly bean tin for ya.
Old 06-03-2007, 07:57 PM
Go Big Blue!

LOL, thanks for the jelly bean offer but I'm watching my girly figure right now.

This dealership is cheap. They don't do much of anything for anyone. I wasn't slighted, that's just the way they are. I doubt they even have that stuff on hand. Their parts dept never has anything in stock either. They always have to order stuff if you need it. Service dept is very good though. I suppose that's what counts.
Old 06-03-2007, 08:15 PM
Torch & Pitchfork Posse

Talking

Originally Posted by SpicyMikey
LOL, thanks for the jelly bean offer but I'm watching my girly figure right now.

Well I guess you don't need an emergency kit then. Just stand on the side of the roads and show us the goods.....

Old 06-03-2007, 09:41 PM

Originally Posted by TampaRL
Hawks,

Would you mind finding out from the dealer where the Acura First Aid kit was obtained? Likely a logo style marketing company? I have not found one via the usual Acura Accessiories vendors. I would like to order one.

This brand whore would like to have one for my office. (The Johnson & Johnson kit will remain in the trunk in the Acura logo trunk bag).

Oh, another freebee was an Acura logo flag from the Acura celebrity golf tournament last March here at Innesbrook. It is proudly hanging in the garage.

I'll call tomorrow and ask.
Old 06-07-2007, 12:31 AM

Originally Posted by TampaRL
Hawks,

Called. They don't give those away anymore.