AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community

AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community (https://acurazine.com/forums/)
-   2G RL (2005-2012) (https://acurazine.com/forums/2g-rl-2005-2012-76/)
-   -   New owner from Hawaii (https://acurazine.com/forums/2g-rl-2005-2012-76/new-owner-hawaii-689985/)

abusive 10-02-2008 02:09 PM

New owner from Hawaii

Aloha all.

I just got rid of my 03 TL Type-S for an 06 RL. After much research and reading (mostly on this forum), I felt pretty confident about the purchase.

It's an 06 RL, with the A-Spec kit and suspension. I was planning to buy the Mugen kit, but I think the A-Spec kit is close enough.

So far, I am pretty impressed with the car. A little slower than my TL-S, but far more comfortable.

The one downside is the previous owner just had the a/c replaced and I guess the dealer forgot to put the condensate drain tube back on because everytime I run the a/c the floor carpet gets moist. Got an appointment for them to check it out tomorrow. I don't fault the car, just the dealer.. heheh..

And another thing is that the Hawaii models don't have XM - so no on-screen ipod display.. :(

Overall, it was a hell of a deal ~ $24k for an 06, with the a-spec stuff (including the wood steering wheel) and only 10,000 miles. So no major complaints..

vas25tl 10-02-2008 02:36 PM

Congrats! What island are you on?

StonedCL 10-02-2008 07:51 PM

Dam thats a GREAT deal iv been looking for a rl in NJ for 6 months and cant find a 2005 with for that price with lower miles.. CONGRATS u lucky bastard!

StonedCL 10-02-2008 07:52 PM

is carfax clean , is it salvage title or clean?

neuronbob 10-02-2008 07:53 PM

That's an awesome deal. Welcome to the RL side!

A-Spec FTW! :goldcup: I seem to be saying that a lot lately.

Chas2 10-02-2008 09:12 PM

Damn, you almost have me convinced I should do this despite the CMBS!:wish:

ssim3 10-02-2008 09:46 PM

The Hawaii versions lack nav, dont they?

abusive 10-03-2008 02:02 PM

It is a clear title.

The 06 Hawaii/Alaska models have navigation, just no XM. So I had to buy the Acura Musiclink (on ebay $50) to hook up my ipod..

It doesn't have CMBS/ACC/PAX - which I'm thankful for.

I'm on Oahu. Hopefully I can get some pics and post em up this weekend.

TampaRLX-SH 10-03-2008 02:22 PM

In 06 the non CSMB/PAX model was considered base (to become a 'Tech' model in later MYs). I too avoided the PAX, which now I am thankful. The CMBS was not a deal breaker for me. When I test drove a CMBS/Pax model in 06 (Then known as the Tech Package :rolleyes:) I was annoyed with the CMBS and ACC in my test drive. As drivers commonly do here, they cut in front of you with little clearance, activating the system too frequently. I found it very distracting and eventually shut the system OFF.

You should look up Colin, a member here and and avid Acura enthusiast on the island. Last I spoke with him, he was still an Acura rep. His Intro to the RL video is a sticky on this forum.

Blazing GT 10-03-2008 11:37 PM

Originally Posted by neuronbob (Post 10051709)
That's an awesome deal. Welcome to the RL side!

A-Spec FTW! :goldcup: I seem to be saying that a lot lately.

Yes you have, you know what that mean? In a few months I will see bob with the A-spec underbody spoiler:wish:

to the OP that is an awesome deal dude! only 10k? im jealous. Post pics when you get a chance. Congrats and welcome to AZ.

on a side note since you are in hawaii do you plan on getting the coilovers?

VOdoc 10-06-2008 11:38 PM

Screamin' deal!! That is a mighty nice car with A-spec, and for the price!?! Wow.

Re: CMBS/PAX, a slightly different perspective here. My PAX tires have almost no discernible wear at 32,800 miles. The service advisor at my busy dealer says that he still has not seen anyone need new PAX tires yet. BTW the CMBS saved me from a certain collision just this morning. An idiot in a Nissan passed me on the right, swooped in front of me in heavy traffic nearly clipping my right front bumper, and stood on the brakes. All I got was a mild heart attack. Love it!!!

(Of course I do wish the A-spec wheels and suspension were compatible.)

death 10-08-2008 08:57 PM

Post pics :)

sr4dt 10-09-2008 10:29 AM

Congrats on a great deal... scratch that ...Congrats on a killer deal :thumbsup: !!!

kixo 10-11-2008 11:15 PM

Do you know why the PO would need to have the air conditioning replaced after just a few years? That doesn't seem to be a trouble spot for RLs.

abusive 10-13-2008 01:53 PM

Actually what I found out was that she was complaining of a funky smell in the a/c and when they tried to find the root cause, someone forgot to plug the condensate drain hose into the evap.

No problem though. They fixed it for free.