New Acora Style

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2007, 04:02 PM
05 slate grey e500 AMG sp

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New Acora Style

Just recieved the newesr Acura Style Mag & did not see a single RL in it. Plenty TL's, TSX's & NSX prorotypes, but not a single RL. Who woulda thunk that Acure would ignore their flagship.
Old 11-21-2007, 06:22 PM
Glacier Frost Mica CL-S

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts
haha
Old 11-21-2007, 06:38 PM
Torch & Pitchfork Posse

Received 1,806 Likes on 793 Posts
Angry

A few issues back, same thing - no RL. I wrote a letter to the editor, and the Acura Management referenced in the rag. I think they are idiots not to coddle thier EXISTING customers. Instead they ignore and piss them off. That rag is NOT intended to lure external consumers, it is targeted to an existing client base. And the flagship customers get ignored. Jackasses.

I got a letter back to the tune of 'oh my' we surely don't want to offend our RL owners, we will do better.... It was as genuine as as a presidential candidate.

Interestingly, I have not received a copy since. Nice STYLE.

I suggest a campaign to write to the rag editor and the cronies referenced as well as a call to Acura CS. As RL owners, we may be a small group, but I bet we can make a LOT of noise. The people in this forum are clever, sincere and passionate...something Acura needs to experience.

OK, I need a beer now...who's in?
Old 11-21-2007, 07:11 PM
Safety Car

Received 38 Likes on 29 Posts
I have never received a copy yet.
Old 11-22-2007, 10:50 PM
Instructor

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Hmmm...

Originally Posted by TampaRL
A few issues back, same thing - no RL. I wrote a letter to the editor, and the Acura Management referenced in the rag. I think they are idiots not to coddle thier EXISTING customers. Instead they ignore and piss them off. That rag is NOT intended to lure external consumers, it is targeted to an existing client base. And the flagship customers get ignored. Jackasses.

I got a letter back to the tune of 'oh my' we surely don't want to offend our RL owners, we will do better.... It was as genuine as as a presidential candidate.

Interestingly, I have not received a copy since. Nice STYLE.

I suggest a campaign to write to the rag editor and the cronies referenced as well as a call to Acura CS. As RL owners, we may be a small group, but I bet we can make a LOT of noise. The people in this forum are clever, sincere and passionate...something Acura needs to experience.

OK, I need a beer now...who's in?
Tampa, how was the brew? This is the first time I've seen you loose your composure in this forum...Are you OK?
Old 11-23-2007, 10:56 AM
Torch & Pitchfork Posse

Originally Posted by Shotgun
Tampa, how was the brew? This is the first time I've seen you loose your composure in this forum...Are you OK?

Just hungover and sensitive to light right now, Shotgun. And there is a carcass of some large bird amoungst the empty beer bottles.

It is only the important things in life I can get scarey.

I'll be better, I'll be offline a few weeks on a journey around Patagonia & Antarctica. Of course this means I will be in serious withdrawals from my RL.

Hopefully with some satellite contact, I can check in on the Acura STYLE crusade! :rippedoff
Old 11-23-2007, 06:01 PM
Pro

Wow, they stopped sending you the Mag after you wrote to complain? Are they idiots? If that is their way of thanking honest and smart customers, their prospects will be very dim.
Old 11-23-2007, 07:44 PM
has been here awhile

While there may be no pictures of the RL, it is discussed in a few of the articles. The RL is in there; they have subliminal messages regarding its status in the lineup .

Read pages 17, 25, and 31. Pretty decent mentions of the car, too. Heck, Acura's EVP proudly drives an RL (as touted on page 17).
Old 11-23-2007, 10:22 PM
Instructor

Wasn't the Titanic a flagship? Sorry, I had to take the jab.
Old 11-23-2007, 10:47 PM
Torch & Pitchfork Posse

Originally Posted by Vanilla_Gorilla
Wasn't the Titanic a flagship? Sorry, I had to take the jab.
OT....

But actually no. The Olympic was the official White Star Line flagship and the 1st of the 'Olympic class' trio (Olympic, Titanic and Britannic <Gigantic>).

Although the Titanic was launched second and was most notorious, it was not the company flagship and stole much attention. The third of the three was to be named Gigantic, but after the Titanic disaster, White Star decided Britannic was a more suitable / humble name.

Just another flagship with no respect.