AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community

AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community (https://acurazine.com/forums/)
-   2G RL (2005-2012) (https://acurazine.com/forums/2g-rl-2005-2012-76/)
-   -   Navi DVD- NEW VERSION NOW AVAILABLE (https://acurazine.com/forums/2g-rl-2005-2012-76/navi-dvd-new-version-now-available-495913/)

medrxman 03-08-2005 06:08 PM

Navi DVD- NEW VERSION NOW AVAILABLE

"The current version is 4.13. It may be purchased as a replacement for a lost or damaged DVD.
Get the latest maps, nation-wide rural coverage, and points of interest for your navigation system. Select your vehicle below to find the latest navigation dvd available."

The above is quoted from the Acura Owner Linksite. Purchased my RL in mid-November. The Version in on my Navi DVD is 4.11.

Check yours ?

legendguy 03-08-2005 09:00 PM

How do you check your Navi DVD version? From the Setup button I went and found my software version to be 1.02.00. I wonder if they would give a special deal since we recently purchased the cars with expiring disks?

medrxman 03-08-2005 09:55 PM

Originally Posted by legendguy
How do you check your Navi DVD version? From the Setup button I went and found my software version to be 1.02.00. I wonder if they would give a special deal since we recently purchased the cars with expiring disks?

you must remove the DVD from the unit in the trunk. With the ignition turned to I or II press the open button on the Nav unit then press the eject button and the DVD will eject. To replace just start to insert in slot and it will pull itself in.

donger88 03-09-2005 09:27 PM

Update software

I had the same version of code as most of the new RLs (ver 1.02.00). This worked fine for most of the system until the dealer forced a reload of the DVD into the flash memory on the car. This installed (ver 1.01.09) off the DVD (which is labeled V4.11) and messed up a number of functions including the clock totally inaccurate time keeping (6+ hours off). I had Acura CS send me a the new version for free and will test the reload tomorrow. Just watch out for the version changes.

medrxman 03-09-2005 10:00 PM

Originally Posted by donger88
I had the same version of code as most of the new RLs (ver 1.02.00). This worked fine for most of the system until the dealer forced a reload of the DVD into the flash memory on the car. This installed (ver 1.01.09) off the DVD (which is labeled V4.11) and messed up a number of functions including the clock totally inaccurate time keeping (6+ hours off). I had Acura CS send me a the new version for free and will test the reload tomorrow. Just watch out for the version changes.

From The Acura owner link FAQs:

How can I tell which navigation system DVD version I am currently using?

The version number is on the DVD inside your navigation-system unit. To obtain this number, carefully remove the DVD, and note the version number (Ver: x.xx) on the DVD label. For information on how to remove the DVD, refer to the navigation system owner's manual ("DVD Removal") or consult your Honda/Acura dealership.