Nactraffic

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2006, 02:59 PM
10th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nactraffic

Hey guys I'm looking into purchasing a pioneer hu and adding oin the xm navtraffic system. I know it's the same traffic tracking system as is in the RL and I'm just looking for input about how it works and if it's good/worth paying for. I'm in New York City btw.
Thanks in advance.
Old 10-25-2006, 05:00 PM
'06 RL

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It works fairly well in the northern NJ/NY area.... but it's fairly slow to update and is sometimes wildly wrong. Despite what you might be told by anyone, it doesn't take trafffic info into account when calculating routes -- so it won't route you around an accident or road closure.

But the red/yellow/green stuff works decently and you can definitely get some useful information out of the system like bridge openings, construction, etc.
Old 10-28-2006, 09:11 AM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Only so so

Over the past few weeks it just started showing what was going on out on LI. The LIE wasn't even tracked. Now it seemed to be part of the system. As of right now I'm not sure if i would continue to pay for it. I do like the XM channel 211 for traffic. Very complete reports....
Old 10-28-2006, 02:00 PM
Racer

Received 41 Likes on 29 Posts
Had XM Nav traffic for 1.5 months now and it helps only if you're really close to the NYC area. Does not even update the western spur of the NJ turnpike, though the eastern spur is reasonably well updated. I rely more on Bloomberg radio for primary traffic info and the XM Nav Traffic display is pretty much secondary.