My Labor Day Visit To The Dc/va/md Area

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2005, 07:17 PM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Labor Day Visit To The Dc/va/md Area

hi all

I just got back from visiting the East Coast (North Carolina, Va, Md, & DC) for two weeks. Since I own an RL I was very curiuos to see if i would spot any 05 RLs on the road. To my surprise I did not see a single RL on the road. That includes driving I85, I95, I485, & many other state roads around Maryland, Virginia and the metro DC areas. I rented a Lincoln Towncar for my transportation while I was out there and even though the Towncar is a nice car with a good ride,, it cannot hold a candle to our RLs. We have many more luxury items and the sound system is better in the RL. I could not wait to get back to drive my car. It's good to be home!
Old 09-11-2005, 08:43 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by headersplus
hi all

I just got back from visiting the East Coast (North Carolina, Va, Md, & DC) for two weeks. Since I own an RL I was very curiuos to see if i would spot any 05 RLs on the road. To my surprise I did not see a single RL on the road.
I picked up my 05RL on June 4 in Northwestern Louisiana. Been back once for oil change, on the road in and around East Central Mississippi (my home), to South Central Mississippi, and to Birmingham several times...after nearly 10,000 miles, I've yet to see another RL on the road. See lots of other luxury cars...everyone and his kid sister seems to have a BMW or Mercedes...and big, expensive to drive, SUV's...and other "black dot" vehicles.

The main problem I'm having is finding DVD audio discs!

Getting into the RL is a real treat, especially now that I'm driving the Honda most days. In Katrina's aftermath, regular gas has been easier to find!

Fred
Old 09-11-2005, 09:23 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 66 Likes on 45 Posts
Part of the problem is that last August/Labor Day is a slow time for the DC area. The number of cars on the road drops significantly. That being said, I tend to see only one other RL per day and it is usually on the streets of DC as opposed to an interstate.

I wonder how RL sales break down by region?
Old 09-12-2005, 05:31 AM
Instructor

There are TOO MANY new RLs in D.C. for my tastes! Not only do I often see different ones parked on the streets near and around the area where I live, but someone near me has one the same exterior color (although a lighter interior). I guess it depends on where you look and live. (I'm in northwest D.C. near many embassies.)