modern performance gains/fitment matches

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2016, 12:33 AM
Racer

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts
modern performance gains/fitment matches

I love my RL i've owned it for 8 months now and its been such a solid car (although the CD player doesn't work) but I love making good cars better, have a look at my Buick in my Signature if you wanna see what I mean lol

I want to modernize my cars performance, I see the new MDX will have 328hp, Q50s are the same, older G37s too, even the older genesis are in that range.. thats where I want to be but I dont want the PCDs and Jpipe isn't going to do it alone.
I see some new performance parts on Heeltoe like J37 throttle body and intake manifold but I don't see the price matching the gains.

What are some options? Tuning on N/A yields little, I would like to do an exhaust setup get some 2.75 or 3" pipes with a better flowing exits, I have a pulley at least and Jpipe is the obvious purchase but I want to see what else is out there before I commit.

Also anything from the 4G TL work for us.. sway bar, anything Aspec, I know Jpipe.. I need a project lol
Old 04-08-2016, 07:48 AM

Received 999 Likes on 650 Posts
PCDs alone are a big gain.

You can get your intake manifold/runners ported. That will open her up a bit.

A cheap bang for the buck mod would be an intake manifold spacer from a MDX to give a nice little tq bump which this boat needs.

At the most go dual 2.5" pipes, anything over that is severe overkill considering we weigh just over 4k lbs, need all the low end to we can get.

As for the TL parts, all you can use is the Intake Manifold..lol. Grab a rear sway bar from an 09'+ RL.

Last edited by teh CL; 04-08-2016 at 07:51 AM.