AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community

AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community (https://acurazine.com/forums/)
-   2G RL (2005-2012) (https://acurazine.com/forums/2g-rl-2005-2012-76/)
-   -   Looking for opinions on my build (https://acurazine.com/forums/2g-rl-2005-2012-76/looking-opinions-my-build-983722/)

ObpKB1 11-06-2019 04:37 PM

Looking for opinions on my build

Hi all,

I am currently working on my RL project. I am loving how the car is coming along and I have planned out mostly what to do in terms of mods. Seeing as though I'm not made of money HAHA I was looking for y'all to weigh in on what order to do things or additional mods I haven't thought of. For some context, I daily drive the car and I do plan on going to a handful of drag/autocross/track days but not a ton.

Current:
- Konig Ultraform 18x8.5 +38 wrapped in Falken Azenis FK510 tires
- K&N drop in filter
- Custom 2.5 inch catback exhaust 2x Vibrant resonators and 2x GReddy Revolution RS mufflers

Planned:
- StopTech Slotted rotors front and rear and StopTech Street Performance pads (or any brake upgrade really)
- Mugen Spoiler
- ASpec front bumper
- Tein FlexZ coilovers
- AEM intake

Just looking for some thoughts from like minded enthusiasts. Thanks so much!!

jodeyjo559 01-17-2020 09:05 PM

Lil things

Great work so far like to see some pics, I'd say some window visors all 4 doors and I've seen one for rear window ,a spec trunk spoiler and front lip

pewpew 01-18-2020 09:21 PM

:pics:

But on a serious note, I think that's a great start. Choosing quality items.

rlx015 01-19-2020 10:05 PM

Originally Posted by ObpKB1 (Post 16502004)
Hi all,

I am currently working on my RL project. I am loving how the car is coming along and I have planned out mostly what to do in terms of mods. Seeing as though I'm not made of money HAHA I was looking for y'all to weigh in on what order to do things or additional mods I haven't thought of. For some context, I daily drive the car and I do plan on going to a handful of drag/autocross/track days but not a ton.

Current:
- Konig Ultraform 18x8.5 +38 wrapped in Falken Azenis FK510 tires
- K&N drop in filter
- Custom 2.5 inch catback exhaust 2x Vibrant resonators and 2x GReddy Revolution RS mufflers

Planned:
- StopTech Slotted rotors front and rear and StopTech Street Performance pads (or any brake upgrade really)
- Mugen Spoiler
- ASpec front bumper
- Tein FlexZ coilovers
- AEM intake

Just looking for some thoughts from like minded enthusiasts. Thanks so much!!

I cannot say those rotors and brakes are great... perhaps first few months, but after that potential warping will happen and shaking in the steering wheel... Other pieces look good to me :)

horseshoez 01-19-2020 10:09 PM

@ObpKB1, from my perspective, seems like a lot of money and work to make your car slower than if it was kept in factory trim. your mods will also reduce resale value of the car if you care about that sort of thing.