lazy eye driver side?

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2017, 01:01 AM
Racer

Received 42 Likes on 33 Posts
lazy eye driver side?

riddle me this

when i test the auto leveling system with autel shop scanner. it works 100% up down side to side

when i turn the steering wheel only the pass side headlight turns when i turn to the right
when turn left nothing turns anywhere

also happends to be the driver side headlight HID sometimes go out and i turn the switch off and back on and HID works again
Old 05-02-2017, 06:38 AM

Received 612 Likes on 490 Posts
Only the side you turn it towards will actually move, not both. Honestly, if the driver side light moves when you're driving and it passes the shop scanner test, what you're describing is what happens with my AFS.
Old 05-02-2017, 12:26 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 168 Likes on 140 Posts
Looks like you have two issues. First off, the driver's side AFS doesn't move as much as the passenger side. This is intentional so as not to blind oncoming traffic. I don't really know how to sell if yours is not working properly, but be aware it isn't as simple as checking that both sides move equally.

Secondly, if your light is going out and then coming back on later, it's either the ballast or the bulb itself that is dying.
Old 05-02-2017, 01:11 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 8,692 Likes on 6,706 Posts
Originally Posted by schen72
Looks like you have two issues. First off, the driver's side AFS doesn't move as much as the passenger side. This is intentional so as not to blind oncoming traffic. I don't really know how to sell if yours is not working properly, but be aware it isn't as simple as checking that both sides move equally.

Secondly, if your light is going out and then coming back on later, it's either the ballast or the bulb itself that is dying.
moreso ballast than bulb. Intermittent lighting is more often than not the ballast. May be the igniter too but typically ballast.
Old 05-02-2017, 10:43 PM
Racer

Received 42 Likes on 33 Posts
ok might be bad connection also on the HID

but why would it move all the way during the test if its not supposed to

im trying to figure out if it something to do with steering wheel calibration or something