Keyless Remote question

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2007, 12:02 AM
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb Keyless Remote question

So I tell my whole story, I have bought an 05RL from the US in Europe, where Acura is not sold, the car came to me whit only the built-in key, without the remote, I have ordered the remotes, the guys in Honda tried to program them but when i touch the doorhandle theu dont open or I canot start the engine without the key, the only thing that happans is when I try to turn on the ignition the remote LED light starts to for a few seconds and the same thing happans when I touch the doorhandle, and what is crazy about it is when I open the car by pressing the unlock button it works....I have noooo idea please someone help...
Old 03-01-2007, 10:07 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 719 Likes on 201 Posts
I'm confused, so you have the remotes and they are programmed? Maybe not properly programmed? Or you don't have the remotes? You may have one of the faulty door handles that many '05 owners have goten replaced under warranty. I also have an '05, what I do is actually grab the handle like I'm opening it, then it opens up fine. Did you try that, or just try to touch it?
Old 03-01-2007, 11:47 AM
CL6
My only car is a Bus

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The keys have a transponder in them and unless their code matches what's in the RL the car won't start. The buttons work on a different system I believe because you can easily pair a remote to a car for unlock/lock in a minute. You may have trouble there unless the Honda guys can program your key settings for you on the chip. I do not believe the Legend has this 'keyless' start.
Old 03-01-2007, 07:00 PM
Torch & Pitchfork Posse

Received 1,806 Likes on 793 Posts
Correct CL6, LEGENDS have key start. Likely why we have the knob for ignition over a button. I believe our RL ignition knob comes off and the auxillary key in our remote fob can actually turn over the car in a traditional manner.

I drove a LEGEND in Japan, they have some other nifty features to make up for it, like night vision (very slick). I am sure it will make it into the US market soon. The Japanese are famous for technology & gadgets, some a bit overkill.
Old 03-06-2007, 08:33 AM
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by synth19
I'm confused, so you have the remotes and they are programmed? Maybe not properly programmed? Or you don't have the remotes? You may have one of the faulty door handles that many '05 owners have goten replaced under warranty. I also have an '05, what I do is actually grab the handle like I'm opening it, then it opens up fine. Did you try that, or just try to touch it?
The problem is as the others say that the guys in Honda programmed just the remote not the keyless entry system, I know that the legend doesnt have the keyless option, but I dont have a legend, I have an Acura imported from the USA and the guys are unable to program the keyeless entry and engine start...thats the problem, I need a special software or something?there is no Acura dealer in the whole Europe...so its a really big problem for me...
Old 03-06-2007, 08:40 AM
Team Owner

Received 378 Likes on 198 Posts
I think you may be SOL if your dealers don't know how to do the programming. Have they tried contacting Honda Europe to see if instructions from the US can be provided?