Insurance, body shop, and repair gurus:PLEASE READ

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2006, 02:37 PM
Wallace, LA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Insurance, body shop, and repair gurus:PLEASE READ

Hey everyone, I’m a second-generation TL forum member but I’m trying to get as many opinions as possible; thus, I am posting in all of the forums. My situation is this: I was rear-ended (luckily I escaped with only minor injuries) and now I have an estimate. I’m not pressing charges or filing for medical help as my injuries are easily remedied with time and some simple care. The other driver was very apologetic and classy, and I don’t want them to pay any more than is necessary. I’m providing pictures of my car and a summation of the offenders insurance agents appraisal of what needs to be replaced and how much it will cost. Her insurance company is AIG. What I would like to know is did I get a fair estimate? Can you think of anything I could request to get replaced along with what is already written? And if you’re from my area (Baton Rouge and New Orleans), would you please suggest a quality, thorough, and professional shop? Obviously, being a car enthusiast, I want the job done correctly and for my car to be restored back to the way she was. All opinions, questions, thoughts, and ideas are welcome. Just please don’t clutter the thread with posts only saying “wow that sucks” and offering no insight. I’m not trying to be rude; but I have a lot on my plate now besides my car issues; so, assistance in this matter, without the clutter, is very much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

P.S. I would like an all-new paint job, as the batch they repaint the rear with will of course be SLIGHTLY different to the batch used on the front. In other words, even though I hope to get the car painted at a reputable shop, I did not buy a two-tone car to begin with, so I don’t want to end up with one. Others may not notice, but I will and it will drive me nuts. I know the difference will be negligible but I want the car fixed perfectly. I’ll admit I’m a car novice (compared to some of the heavy weights on here), but these are just my casual observations and concerns; please show some patience with me as I learn.

- Repair/refinish RIGHT quarter panel: No amount specified
- Repair/refinish LEFT quarter panel: No amount specified
- ***She said it is a mess to replace them, and it is better to “pull” them out? I’m skeptical, but again uninformed.
- Remove/replace/refinish luggage lid panel: $545.35
- Remove/replace/refinish luggage lid hinges R and L: $80.75
- Remove/replace luggage lid latch: $85.20
- Remove/replace luggage lid emblem: $17.23
- Remove/replace luggage lid nameplate: $46.00
- Clean and deodorize interior: $75.00
- ***I had groceries and the milk I just bought exploded in my trunk and the smell has permeated throughout the car.
- Remove/replace/refinish rear body panel: $231.93
- Rear body floor pan: $500.00
- Anti corrosion materials: $8.00
- Remove/replace taillights: $367.66
- Remove/replace/refinish rear bumper cover: $212.00
- Remove/replace rear bumper impact cushions: $66.86
- Remove/replace rear bumper face bar: $159.96
- Detail/Clean up: $10.00
- Paint/Materials: 382.50
- Hazardous waste disposal: $3.00

SUMMARY:
Total labor: $3,037.29