I wonder . . .

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2006, 03:30 PM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I wonder . . .

Just had the "A" service perfomed on my RL at the dealer. I'd been by a couple of times in the past week to see if they could take a walkin, and this afternoon, it worked (I know I can make an appointment).

I couldn't help but notice that there is always 2-3 2005 RLs available for sale, typical milage around 10,000. That's how I got mine, and it's been perfect so far. Is this typical behavior for this class of car? That is, do owners of $50,000+ autos have a greater tendency to trade in on a yearly basis? Having had an SUV for the past 20 years, this is all new to me.
Old 05-06-2006, 03:40 PM
Team Owner

Received 378 Likes on 198 Posts
Assuming your getting your service done at Radley, then the answer is yes. In this area, many of the drivers of ~$50k cars seem to change cars annually or even biannually. I think that it has a lot to do with a large number of independent contractors who are able to claim leased vehicles as an expense again their business.
Old 05-06-2006, 04:22 PM
No, you are a dork.

Originally Posted by JMikeF
Just had the "A" service perfomed on my RL at the dealer. I'd been by a couple of times in the past week to see if they could take a walkin, and this afternoon, it worked (I know I can make an appointment).

I couldn't help but notice that there is always 2-3 2005 RLs available for sale, typical milage around 10,000. That's how I got mine, and it's been perfect so far. Is this typical behavior for this class of car? That is, do owners of $50,000+ autos have a greater tendency to trade in on a yearly basis? Having had an SUV for the past 20 years, this is all new to me.
I'm real fickle with cars. Despite this car having pretty much everything i want, ill be looking again in a little over a year.
Old 05-06-2006, 04:53 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by CGTSX2004
Assuming your getting your service done at Radley . . .
Yes, 10 minutes from where I live. The Services Techs seem to be on top of things. Some folks told me Radley is great; others told me to watch out. We shall see
Old 05-06-2006, 07:54 PM
Team Owner

Received 378 Likes on 198 Posts
Originally Posted by JMikeF
Yes, 10 minutes from where I live. The Services Techs seem to be on top of things. Some folks told me Radley is great; others told me to watch out. We shall see
Depends on which service rep you work with. I have worked with the same rep since I got my 06 and he has been fantastic in terms of getting stuff done and making sure that I get taken care of.