I-004: Now you can play music using Bluetooth!

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2017, 07:31 AM
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Not sure how much it matters, but the BT45-ACU unit i installed yesterday had 2 plugs that were black (whereas yours are white. Can't see the unit you bought though)

I also noticed you didn't adjust your dips. Did your unit come with instructions?

At any rate, it looks like the 2 plugs in your picture of the plugs should nest into each other just fine?

You only need to pull out the XM plug on the bottom, the one on the top can stay in (I pulled both out, and just replugged the top OEM plug back in). Plug the BT45-ACU into the bottom plug (male end, bifurcated side) into the XM Module, and then plug the cord that WAS plugged into the XM Module into the other female end of the bifircation. Then, it should work. Also, I believe you will need to adjust your dips so that 2 and 4 are off.

Last edited by mgmny; 01-24-2017 at 07:31 AM. Reason: quick edit
Old 01-24-2017, 07:45 AM
Instructor

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by Ratheruneeq
So im going to finally try and have this installed along with my JL 12 and amp from my old legend...
My question is, where are people having this interface mounted in our cars?
Before anyone mentions it, i tried ordering the kb2 face plate from inside the armrest but apparently they are discontinued or.... "on back order"
just wanted to know if there's a preferred location in terms of convenience and cleanliness.
Thx in advance.

i had posted this in the wrong thread but after reading this im not sure the one i have has been described here (correct me if im wrong)
What exactly needs to go in the trunk?
does the top of your module, read like this? N yes mone came with instructions but i swear it says if im connecting to an Xm unit that I dont need those double ended plugs....
Old 01-24-2017, 07:53 AM
Intermediate

Hmm... I can't remember what mine actually looked like, and now that I put my trunk back together, i don't really want to go rip it all apart, but this is what I ordered:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It is definitely "BT45-ACU", but I'm not sure if what came in the package actually said "HON3" or ACU on the physical unit.

Mine came with only 1 cord with the pins. One side plugged into the BT45 unit, and the other side had 2 plugs. One into the XM unit (bottom plug of unit needed to be removed), and the other plugged into the plug that was previously installed in the XM unit.

Did yours come with multiple cords? Or how are you saying you think it says not to use the double-ended plugs? I didn't have a choice.

Also, one thing i DO know that is different, is that over the USB port there is a sticker on mine that says, "For Charging Purposes Only" or something along those lines.
Old 01-24-2017, 08:05 AM
Instructor

Im at work, so ill address this later, but yea i ordered this one... smh
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00NMXMUW8/ref=sxts1?ie=UTF8&qid=1485266264&sr=1&pi=AC_SX236_ SY340_FMwebp_QL65

i hope i dont have to eat this, but by the description one wouldnt think it wasnt compatible... n im not convinced it isnt.
Old 01-24-2017, 08:14 AM
Intermediate

Im at work, so ill address this later, but yea i ordered this one... smh
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00NMXMUW8/ref=sxts1hie=UTF8&qid=1485266264&sr=1&pi=AC_SX236_ SY340_FMwebp_QL65

i hope i dont have to eat this, but by the description one wouldnt think it wasnt compatible... n im not convinced it isnt.
If it is wrong, and Amazon won't let you return it, you might be able to get away with contacting the company and just ordering new cords? Not sure.

Good luck
Old 01-24-2017, 08:35 AM
Instructor

Old 01-24-2017, 08:58 AM
Intermediate

Oh, my instructions and unit didn't includ that extra piece. Just the cord with 3 plugs (2 on one side, 1 on the other).
Old 01-24-2017, 11:27 AM
Instructor

So the bad news is, i bought the wrong one. The good news is, i purchased it on amazon on December 11th and it says i have till January 31st to return it
Old 01-24-2017, 11:29 AM
Intermediate

So the bad news is, i bought the wrong one. The good news is, i purchased it on amazon on December 11th and it says i have till January 31st to return it

Well, that's good that you can return it! When you purchase the correct one, make sure you select the right seller. When it was sold by amazon and fulfilled by amazon, it said it wouldn't ship for 1-2 months. The other option was just fulfilled by amazon, and i got it in 3 days with Prime. I ALMOST purchased it from the amazon/amazon combo, and then i'd still be waiting for my unit to ship.
Old 01-24-2017, 11:38 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by mgmny
Well, that's good that you can return it! When you purchase the correct one, make sure you select the right seller. When it was sold by amazon and fulfilled by amazon, it said it wouldn't ship for 1-2 months. The other option was just fulfilled by amazon, and i got it in 3 days with Prime. I ALMOST purchased it from the amazon/amazon combo, and then i'd still be waiting for my unit to ship.
Wow crazy. I got this one pretty fast so i dont think it was amazon/amazon the shipper was (shipsound)
I think the confusion on my part in ordering this unit was that i thought there were 2 versions in that some people had one that was designed for ipods and others had one for bluetooth. I may have misread or misunderstood things. The toughest pill to swallow now is that ive had this thing for so long thinking it was right and now finding out its such a simple install and having to wait for shipping lmao.... music is my life, so the thought of finally not being bound by cds will feel like a wrongfully accused inmate being set free...
Old 01-24-2017, 12:09 PM
Instructor

This is great lol. Tommorrows my day off, so i decided on next day shipping. Itll probably be delivered by one of my colleagues at Fedex lmao.. Its supposed to be 50 and sunny too... maybe ill break out a lawn chair, sunglasses, and a beer just to spite him...
Old 01-25-2017, 12:43 PM
Instructor

Yesterday i was freaking out because i had the wrong unit, today i'm listening to music on my phone via bluetooth
positive vibes!!

Thanks for all the help fellas...
install = 3-5 minutes including removing corner trunk carpet.
The following users liked this post:
projektvertx (01-25-2017)
Old 01-26-2017, 04:49 PM
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Heres a snob question.

For those of us with an 08 RL. is it worth getting the BT if we have Aux? Sometimes i rather not put the wire in(because i'm just lazy), but worried about sound quality from the BT unit.

Any thoughts?
Old 01-26-2017, 04:57 PM
Intermediate

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
If my '05 had an AUX port, I would just plug it in.
Old 01-26-2017, 10:06 PM

Received 612 Likes on 490 Posts
Originally Posted by 1stRL
Heres a snob question.

For those of us with an 08 RL. is it worth getting the BT if we have Aux? Sometimes i rather not put the wire in(because i'm just lazy), but worried about sound quality from the BT unit.

Any thoughts?
Here are my thoughts on this, I have an '07 with an AUX port as well. I opted for a cheaper solution than the BT45: the Blackberry Music Gateway. It powers off the 12V in the center console and plugs into the AUX jack, and I have it so it has 2 USB jacks on that 12V. That way I have a cable that snakes discreetly so I can charge my phone as needed. My logic is that it hides the charger in the center console whenever I'm not using it as opposed to having laying outside by the PRNDL area 12V. My logic for using the BB Music gateway was that despite the presence of the AUX jack, I felt I still wanted music streaming. For 40$, it gave the RL a feature that I felt it was lacking and still gave me the "clean install" factor that a BT45 does without the cost. And besides, I have the PA15-ACUXL for my ipod installed where the BT45 unit would go