How much interest does ACURA CUSTOMER RELATIONS show to this forum? Are we read?

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2005, 04:31 PM
Instructor

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
How much interest does ACURA CUSTOMER RELATIONS show to this forum? Are we read?

Just curious....

With all these complaints posted about the XM radio problem
and a recent recall, I wonder how much ACURAZINE influences
decisions at Acura Customer Relations.

When I told my dealer the recall was due to Internet complaints
he laughed at me.

Does Acura Customer Relations pay close attention to this forum?

Are we read? Our our opinions used to help shape future generations
of RL and solve present defects?
Old 09-28-2005, 04:41 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Yes, you can bet Acura spends time reading through here. How much stock they put into what we say? I am not sure, we have to keep in mind that people don't come here to compliment the car - only to complain. How often do you go out of your way to send a compliment to a company for great service? Almost never, right? But if you have a problem, you will get up and send them a letter.
Old 09-28-2005, 07:57 PM
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Exclamation

Originally Posted by vp911
Yes, you can bet Acura spends time reading through here. How much stock they put into what we say? I am not sure, we have to keep in mind that people don't come here to compliment the car - only to complain. How often do you go out of your way to send a compliment to a company for great service? Almost never, right? But if you have a problem, you will get up and send them a letter.
I slightly disagree. There are people using this forum who praise the car and have not had any(so they say) problems with their ride. I will agree that most people read the forums for problem issues. I personally am a letter writer for both complaint and praise.

Maybe it would be a good idea to have a method to advise all buyers (in this case,Acura) of the availability of the forum. With more people visiting the forums, I would be sure that Acura would pay attention.
Old 09-28-2005, 08:07 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I guess my saying everybody comes here to complain is more of a bias from the TL forums - as most people form there did come to complain about rattles and various other problems.
Old 09-28-2005, 08:12 PM
Youse Gots Sacked

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
i would think that acura searches more than just here...im sure they search car domain aswell and other websites for ideas as to what people want. for instance, i own an 04 TL...and the TL has a terrible butt print issue, that something most people wanted to change.

but acura gets most of its complaints through the dealers, if there is a problem that the dealer isn't ready to handle they call up acura and ask for assistance, just like a recall, and when those problems pile up, acura decides to post a recall or TSB.
Old 09-28-2005, 09:31 PM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think that manufactures follow the large established forums; and AZ certainly qualifies. I know for a fact that they watch www.acuramdx.org (the largest dedicated MDX forum); we have gotten feedback over there.