Healight Washers (CDN RL)

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2004, 04:02 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Healight Washers (CDN RL)

Even though the US model does not come with headiglht washers, our American friends aren't missing much. Here are my issues with the Headlight washers on the RL.

1. No wipers on the lenses. Mere washer fluid alone will not properly clean the headlights.

2. The Headlight washers spray when you pull the lever to clean the windshield. They don't have a seperate switch. So, every time I want to clean the windshield, I spray the headlights as well, and I end up covering my hood with washer fluid.

3. I don't need to clean the headlights during the day. On a recent 800 km day trip, I ran out of washer fluid because I used twice as much fluid every time I washed the windshield. Why didn't they turn off the headlight washers when the headlights are off. (maybe because we have daytime running lights?)

So, the CDN RL doesn't get XM or On-Star, but we get the wonderful cooled seats and headlight washers. Great. Maybe Honda thinks we drive these cars in mud bogs in 90 degree temps!! Great market research guys!!

Mark
Old 12-31-2004, 05:04 PM
has been here awhile

While I love the nifty little headlamp washers, I understand what you're saying. I have some experience with the washers, and the make absolutely no difference, whatsoever. They say that there's a high pressure spray that helps clear road grime, but in reality, it has absolutely no affect, whatsoever.

I think the best idea are the headlamp wipers. They should not operate like the washers, however. If headlamp wipers are going to make a real good difference, I think they should be running whenever the windshield wipers are on--they should actually be synchronized. Your windshield stays grime free by means of active windshield wipers, and if the headlamp wipers were in constant motion, you would have some very clean headlamps (along with one cool "wow" factor). I haven't seen this out there yet, and to be honest, it kind of surprises me that they haven't done it.

BTW--I still wish, however that the US RL had headlamp washers. All of its competition has them. I'd suspect they're saving them for an update.
Old 12-31-2004, 05:11 PM
8-)
...just another stooge...

Originally Posted by marks
So, the CDN RL doesn't get XM or On-Star, but we get the wonderful cooled seats and headlight washers. Great. Maybe Honda thinks we drive these cars in mud bogs in 90 degree temps!! Great market research guys!!

Mark
Today I don't care about headlight washers and cooled seats. I don't think I'll ever care about the headlight washers, but come July (even June?), I'll be missing the cooled seats big time, and I'll be slapping my forehead wondering why I bought the ebony interior!

Oh well, I don't want to spoil myself too much...
Old 12-31-2004, 08:28 PM
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
How do the cooled seats work? Air gets circulated through??
Old 12-31-2004, 08:32 PM
Advanced

Living in HOTLANTA, GA, I have had ebony interior in all my cars and I have never regretted it
Old 01-01-2005, 01:00 AM
8-)
...just another stooge...

Originally Posted by 2veloce
Living in HOTLANTA, GA, I have had ebony interior in all my cars and I have never regretted it
Hopefully I'll feel the same way. This is my first car with a dark interior. Logic was telling me to avoid the ebony, but my heart fell for it big time.