ham/CB/scanner in RL?

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2005, 09:00 PM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ham/CB/scanner in RL?

Anyone have any experience with installing and using a ham radio, a CB or a scanner in the new RL? I’m on the road quite a bit and find that I’m missing my radios, particularly in bad weather or on the interstates.

I reckon the first concern is whether any/all of this would interfere with the RL’s electronics.

Also, as important to me with this nice new RL, I don’t want to clutter up and overpower the interior with radios or the exterior with antennas.

FYI. In my ’94 Honda (450,000 miles and counting), I’ve a 2m/440 ham rig, a scanner and a CB, with the ham rig wired directly to the battery and the other radios wired into the fuse box behind the left kick panel. The radios are all smallish, and velcroed together so to make a unit. They can be disconnected and removed as a unit very easily. The radio “unit” sort of “hangs” on a camera strap on the passenger side of the center hump, faceplates up. The antennas are either smallish glass mount or magnetic. No holes were drilled installing these radios.