The "Gift of Music" DVD-Audio Disc

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2007 | 11:11 AM
Cruisin'

The "Gift of Music" DVD-Audio Disc

My name is Mark Waldrep and I'm the founder and chief audio engineer of AIX Records, a small label that is dedicated to producing HD Surround Sound tracks and releasing them on DVD-Audio/Video. IWe have a studio in Southern California. I own an Acura TL [2005 6-speed with ELS system] and enjoy listening to my recordings in the DVD-Audio playback system. Amazingly good quality. Couldn't afford the RL...and it actually wasn't available at the time.

AIX Records also developed the "Gift of Music" bundled disc for the Acura RL, their top of the line automobile with a really great system designed by Bose Automotive. I'm curious whether anyone that reads this list has any experience with the GOF music disc. It contains7 tracks, all recorded in HD Audio and mixed in 5.1 surround sound. I get emails from RL owners about once a week about the disc. I thought I would let this list know about it...it seems not all dealers hand it out.

If you're curious about how great things can sound in your car or a properly equipped surround music system in your home theater, you should check out AIX Records web site [www.aixrecords.com]. Our philosophy is to record everyone at the same time, without the isolation rooms and electronics that are used to make normal recordings. I use no artificial reverberation, no EQ and most importantly no dynamics processing. There are multiple mixes in stereo and 5.1 on these discs and lots of video and features. At the end of the day, it's about an uncompromised approach to creating an immersive listening experience.

We've won numerous awards for our recordings but are not well known...because we don't have A-List artists...but they are A-List talents. Paul Williams, Willie Nelson, Laurence Juber, Monty ALexander, Albert Lee, Wallace Roney, John Gorka etc. It's definitely worth getting a hold of our recent sampler. It has 29 tracks and surveys the kind of products that we're producing.
Old 03-30-2007 | 12:40 PM
Safety Car

Nope, did not get from my dealer. Another gimme I missed out on.
Old 03-30-2007 | 12:43 PM
Instructor

Is this the DVD-A that starts out with the Rainforest sounds? If so.. yes I got it. The kids love the birds..hate the thunder.