European Honda Legend 2006 Information

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2005, 04:33 PM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
European Honda Legend 2006 Information

Any other Europeans in here who are interested in buying the Honda Legend when it arrives early next year? This thread would be a good place to list information like availability, specs and pricing as we get it.

So far the only official information from Honda regarding the EDM version is this from Takeo Fukui's speech at the Geneve auto show:

"We have yet to announce the detailed features of the European version. But I will say that the all-new Legend will be introduced to the European market in 2006 with the world's most advanced technologies including CMBS."

Honda showed a prototype in Geneve but it looked like a JDM version with LHD. The trunk lid will require changes in order to fit the wide Euro licence plates. Let's hope it won't affect the looks in a bad way.

I wonder if CMBS will be standard or optional? I'd also like to see the Night Vision System is this car. And what about Modulo accessories, are they usually available at the same time when the first cars arrive? And what could "early 2006" mean? January, February, March...?

I hope to hear more in Frankfurt next month.

One photo of a JDM version with Modulo parts (A-Spec for Americans)
Old 08-29-2005, 04:40 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I believe bitium - another member on the board is looking at getting one somewhere abroad (I don't remember where exactly).

If you don't mind with is LHD and CMBS?
Old 08-29-2005, 05:00 PM
ASP
Earl Shod

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I love the headlight assembly.
Old 08-29-2005, 08:57 PM
Advanced

We're eagearly awaiting the Legend's release Downunder too. Sketchy details.

Sigh.

N.

Sydney, Australia.
Old 08-30-2005, 12:39 PM
Retired MOD

Originally Posted by Euro4gen

The trunk lid will require changes in order to fit the wide Euro licence plates. Let's hope it won't affect the looks in a bad way.

I hope to hear more in Frankfurt next month.
I know germany and italy have the small (square) license plate as an option. I will be at the frankfurt show, is only an hour away.
Old 08-30-2005, 03:38 PM
Banned

LHD = left hand drive.
Old 09-01-2005, 03:19 PM
Advanced

CMBS = Collision Mitigation Brake System, there is a video at the Honda website explaining the system (in English).

In Japan some of the systems are optional equipment so the basic model in Europe could be sold for a decent price and the safety systems* would cost extra.

* (CMBS, Intelligent Highway Cruise Control IHCC, Honda Intelligent Driver Support System HIDS, Intelligent Night Vision INV)
Old 09-01-2005, 03:43 PM
Retired MOD

Originally Posted by vp911
I believe bitium - another member on the board is looking at getting one somewhere abroad (I don't remember where exactly).

If you don't mind with is LHD and CMBS?
LHD is only in the UK, Ireland, Japan and some other. All other countries in europe are RHD so no worry there.
Old 09-01-2005, 04:04 PM
Unemployed or retired?

Originally Posted by Bitium
LHD is only in the UK, Ireland, Japan and some other. All other countries in europe are RHD so no worry there.

Except in Greece where anything goes!
Old 09-02-2005, 02:47 AM
Retired MOD

Originally Posted by Rich in NC
Except in Greece where anything goes!
I haven't gone there yet.
Old 09-02-2005, 03:48 AM
Instructor

Any idea when legend will be available in scandinavia, we guys usually get new stuff last,
imho the new legend is amazing.
Old 09-02-2005, 03:39 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by ashran2
we guys usually get new stuff last.
You're right, for example we still haven't got the Accord diesel in Finland. Honda is saying there are not enough diesel engines for us since they're all going for the Central European market.

I saw one article published in August saying that the car will arrive to Finland in a year. That's unofficial info but if it's true we'd have to wait until mid-summer 2006!

The new Legend looks like a great winter car. Let's hope Honda won't forget smaller European countries because there are many people really interested in this car.
Old 09-04-2005, 04:33 PM
Retired MOD

Any idea when legend will be available in scandinavia, we guys usually get new stuff last,

I was in sweden last year, it was pretty nice. I liked the ICE bar. you guys do have a lot of things other countries in europe don't have, like more mcdonals that I have ever seen and 7eleven with highspeed internet cafe. Plus elevators and electric scalators on most plublic transportation staions. Hopefully all of europe will get the legend, but my best bet is England, germany, netherlands....
Old 09-05-2005, 01:19 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by Bitium
I was in sweden last year, it was pretty nice. I liked the ICE bar. you guys do have a lot of things other countries in europe don't have, like more mcdonals that I have ever seen and 7eleven with highspeed internet cafe. Plus elevators and electric scalators on most plublic transportation staions. Hopefully all of europe will get the legend, but my best bet is England, germany, netherlands....

Hey bitium,
i was in germany this summer was driving all over the country, germany is very beautiful, i think you have many public facilities along the autobahns unlike in sweden which we have but not enough. also the alcohol is cheap in germany than sweden, thankgod rostock is only 4 hrs by ferry from malmö .

yes the ice bar is very unique but again if you have seen ice hotel, ice bar is not so crazy afterall.
we need the legend here we dont even get honda accord type-s whats with that.
Old 09-05-2005, 02:52 PM
Retired MOD

Hey bitium,
i was in germany this summer was driving all over the country, germany is very beautiful, i think you have many public facilities along the autobahns unlike in sweden which we have but not enough. also the alcohol is cheap in germany than sweden, thankgod rostock is only 4 hrs by ferry from malmö .

yes the ice bar is very unique but again if you have seen ice hotel, ice bar is not so crazy afterall.
we need the legend here we dont even get honda accord type-s whats with that.
Well, I'm not german. I'm staion in germany. Germany is pretty good with public facilities, but not on all autobahns like A6. I like the netherlands a lot, not just for what is known for, but the country is very much like the states. Maybe we can visit the Ice hotel next time we go to sweden. Are you comming to the frankfurt autoshow?? in two weeks.
Old 09-14-2005, 09:53 AM
Advanced

No news at the IAA... Honda is still showing a prototype version and "early 2006" has been replaced with "2006".

Takeo Fukui quote at the IAA:

Let me share a few more details about Honda’s advanced safety technologies. Today, we exhibit the prototype of our flag-ship model, the all-new Legend. It will go on sale in Europe next year. The Legend in Europe will enhance pedestrian protection with an industry-leading pop-up hood. In a collision, this system lifts the engine hood to reduce the possibility of serious injury to the pedestrian’s head region. The Legend will also be equipped with Honda’s Collision Mitigation Brake System. This technology predicts rear-end collisions and mitigates the impact.
Old 09-14-2005, 02:09 PM
Retired MOD

Originally Posted by Euro4gen
No news at the IAA... Honda is still showing a prototype version and "early 2006" has been replaced with "2006".

Takeo Fukui quote at the IAA:

yeah they said is going to be for sale next year, but I think is going to be an early introduction. No matter what, I haven't seen an RL yet, so I'm still very anxious to see it.
Old 11-24-2005, 06:11 AM
Advanced

New small piece of information from the Honda.de website:

"Der neue Honda Legend kommt voraussichtlich Mitte 2006 auf den deutschen Markt."

So Honda is trying to launch the car in Europe mid-2006. I wonder what is causing the almost two year delay.
Old 11-24-2005, 10:44 PM
Racer

But you get the new Volvo and Saab stuff first!
Old 11-25-2005, 07:19 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by acurafox
But you get the new Volvo and Saab stuff first!
well not always,
we got v8 xc90 later than the NA and also we dont get saab 9-2x(saabura ) here and saab SUV.

BTW BITIUM you are always welcome to sweden and send me a PM if i am in stockholm we might meet up
ps: i live in luleå which is just 170km south of arctic circle but i travel quite often to stockholm.
Old 12-05-2005, 02:17 PM
Advanced

More unofficial info:

The suspension will be changed for the European version - it will most likely be stiffer.

The price in Germany will be around 50K Euros. On many European countries cars cost 10-50% more compared to Germany so you can do the math...
Old 12-05-2005, 03:19 PM
Advanced

As usual, the european version looks better than the american version.