Old 06-10-2005, 11:49 AM
Drifting

Received 218 Likes on 174 Posts
Drove an A-Spec RL...

...yesterday. Nice looking car with the kit and the wheels. Price tag was $60K
Old 06-10-2005, 12:33 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 1,005 Likes on 534 Posts
How was the ride/handling with the lowered springs??
Old 06-10-2005, 03:06 PM
Drifting

Received 218 Likes on 174 Posts
Originally Posted by hondamore
Can't really say how it is compared to a non A-Spec car because I didn't drive one. But I can say that it felt firm and buttoned down. Handled the turns well. It was a bit more "floaty" than my A-Spec suspended TL, but that is probably to be expected. Never the less, I was impressed. The body kit is a much better fit on the RL than the TL's kit. It looks like the came from the factory that way. But at the end of the day, the $60K price tag is tough for me to justify. That's disappointing because I really do like it.
Old 06-10-2005, 03:08 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by hondamore

Hondamore, given your Western Canada location and winter snow you are not considering lowering your RL are you? Thought you might be keeping your OEM wheels for snow tire purposes as the narrower tire usually gets better traction in snow.

Are you in BC or Alberta and if in Alberta in Canmore by any chance, given your moniker? I am in Seattle and know Western Canada pretty well, at least for a Yank. Regards and keep us posted on your venture into 18" wheels and tires.
Old 06-10-2005, 03:39 PM
Three Wheelin'

Hey Hendjaz. I'm actually from Edmonton, a couple hundred miles north of Canmore. The moniker was intended to be a combination of the words "Honda" and "Amore" indicating my fondness for the brand. I am not considering lowering my RL as I covet the smooth quiet ride - my question was just out of curiosity and information gathering for others in the forum. I just got my Acura OEM 18's today and the PZeroNero M&S's I ordered should be here late next week (they had to special order the 245/45/18 size). I'm chomping at the bit to see the difference the superior rubber makes to the RL as well as the cosmetic improvement of the 18's. The OEM 18's are more of a chrome finish than the pictures indicate and they really look great. I am mounting snow tires (Dunlop Wintersport M3"s) on my stock 17's and I'm actually looking forward to testing out the SH-AWD with the M3's during the next snowy Alberta winter. I'll keep you guys posted on how both sets of tires work out.
Old 06-10-2005, 04:37 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ah, Klondike Days, I remember them well. Great city is Edmonton. I have spent a lot of time over in Jasper in the summer months (10"inches of snow there one day in August some years ago) but winter experience on a number of occasions down in Banff and Lake Louise for great skiing.

I am probably going to follow your lead on both wheels and tires unless I get my head turned by some new information. Thanks for the tip on the Escondido dealer. Was your interaction with them all via email/internet or did you develop a contact person there that assisted you with your purchase?

No need for special snow tires here as our MDX is used for our treks into the mountians and only occasional city snow here but expect the RL AWD with AS tires to be sufficient if caught without the MDX. I have had the RL since last October but we had no snow at all last winter to try it out in.

Our local dealer has the wheels in stock at msrp and you are right they are definetely chrome in appearance. What color is your RL? I imagine all colors should look good with the chrome.
Old 06-10-2005, 05:55 PM
Three Wheelin'

I've got 4 days of golfing booked in Jasper in a couple of weeks, so I hope we don't get 10 inches of snow, although that might be a blessing for my game.
The contact I had at Acura of Escondido was Scott Edwards. The website to look at parts and prices and contact them is: www.stores.ebay.com/acuraofescondidoparts. Don't tell him I told you, but I got a slightly better deal than the price they advertise on ebay (about $10 less than the advertised price for each item). You might even be able to do a bit better than those prices, I was so happy with those numbers that I didn't even ask for anything better. I don't feel comfortable putting my credit card number on the internet, so I FedEx'd them down a bank draft and they shipped my stuff the same day. Overall, a very positive experience.
My RL is Desert Mist Metallic - the same color as my 1994 Legend Coupe.