Door handles

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2006, 03:08 PM
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Door handles

Any new updates on the door handle issue.

Has anyone had the handles replaced and never had a problem again with the locking/unlocking?

Has anyone had the handles replaced and had the issue return?
Old 03-13-2006, 05:18 PM
Drifting

Received 218 Likes on 174 Posts
I am on my second drivers door handle replacement. Although it worked fine for about a week, the problem as reappeared. It no longer locks via the dimple but does unlock via the handle. Not sure what the problem is. Wondering if static electricity knocks out the transmitter. In any event, the dealer is aware and a new handle has been ordered. Guess I'm gonna try it again. Hopefully, the third is a charm!
Old 03-13-2006, 07:16 PM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I had my drivers side handle was repalced once and it works great. Don't even have to touch the dimple , just somewhere near it. The rain and fog to not affect it any more. I am thrilled with the replacement. My pass side always worked fine.
Old 03-13-2006, 08:05 PM
Black

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts
I started the previous thread on this, and actually mine have been perfect since initial "teething" pains. Never had them replaced and they continue to work as advertised.

-josh
Old 03-14-2006, 07:06 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by medrxman
Any new updates on the door handle issue.

Has anyone had the handles replaced and never had a problem again with the locking/unlocking?

Has anyone had the handles replaced and had the issue return?
I recently had my passenger door handle replaced. So far so good...I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

The gasket on the leading edge of the handle will not stay seated in the door when the handle is pulled to open the door, so will ask a dealer when in for the next service to put something on the gasket to keep it in place. Dealer has looked at the gasket once subsequent to the replacement, but it's still moving with the handle...maybe it'll eventually seat with warmer weather...I just don't know.
Old 03-16-2006, 12:23 AM
Instructor

I never had the handle replaced and it fixed itself after a few rainy days and a few car wash events. I've had ZERO issues with my '05 - it has 27K miles and has performed flawlessly so far. Oh, I had the XM delay but I did not renew my XM subscription after the year service included in the price of the car. XM is not worth the money to me - I got tired of the different volume levels and blasting commercials on different stations.
Old 03-16-2006, 07:05 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by 1HOT NSX
I never had the handle replaced and it fixed itself after a few rainy days and a few car wash events. I've had ZERO issues with my '05 - it has 27K miles and has performed flawlessly so far. Oh, I had the XM delay but I did not renew my XM subscription after the year service included in the price of the car. XM is not worth the money to me - I got tired of the different volume levels and blasting commercials on different stations.

I bought this car for all the gee gaws, and will be renewing every one of them even though I'm not currently in any city with nav traffic. You're really lucky you are not having any problems with your car, or can live without the options that Honda included with the car to make the RL so desirable.

Fred
Old 03-18-2006, 03:40 PM
Racer

Well,the next day the locking/unllocking started working. Maybe some of your good fortune will come my way.

Thanks to you and all for the replies.
Old 03-18-2006, 05:10 PM
Safety Car

Received 34 Likes on 16 Posts
I got tired of the different volume levels and blasting commercials on different stations.
I agree with this one. For a company that advertises commercial and DJ free music they sure do have a lot of commercials and DJ talk. Now they they raised the 3 month price from $29.99 to $38 it makes it even more a bit frustrating. I haven't had the time to think about if I really need it or not, but since they automatically charge my account anyway, I guess I'll keep it, but it's definetely not what they advertise it to be.
Old 03-19-2006, 08:11 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by WdnUlik2no
I agree with this one. For a company that advertises commercial and DJ free music they sure do have a lot of commercials and DJ talk. Now they they raised the 3 month price from $29.99 to $38 it makes it even more a bit frustrating. I haven't had the time to think about if I really need it or not, but since they automatically charge my account anyway, I guess I'll keep it, but it's definetely not what they advertise it to be.
I don't know what you fellows are listening to, but I don't get commercials on the XM stations I listen to...and for myself, any DJ interface is always welcomed and informative.

I don't listen to religious or political propagandic diatribe spouted by the talk channels, however. I know for sure in the states I've traveled through, that there is "no" variety on commercial radio...commercial radio is dying imho...it's a bleak wasteland controlled by too few. What you hear in WV is the same as what you get in Texas...same old, same old...ad naseum.

The satellite channels provide a wealth of variety, and I'm not about to forego satellite. I can only address XM satellite because I've never listened to Sirius.

On the FM dial, here in Mississippi we have a world class statewide public broadcasting system. I've been in states were you can't even find a public broadcasting station. I'd like to have the Mississippi broadcast on satellite when I'm on the road.

The only quibble I have with XM satellite, and the competition I'm sure, is that I can't eliminate those channels I have absolutely no interest in from my own menu of stations...
Old 03-19-2006, 01:18 PM
'05 Acura RL - CGP/Ebony

Originally Posted by WdnUlik2no
I'm not sure what you're listening to but I don't have any commercials at all on the XM music stations I listen to.
Old 03-19-2006, 02:29 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by lflorack
I'm not sure what you're listening to but I don't have any commercials at all on the XM music stations I listen to.
The music channels only have the DJs coming on , and on, and on. Talk channels including comedy channels have commercials, lots of them, at a much louder volume than the rest of the programming - extremely annoying to me. And all channels appear to have a sort of commecial where they promote other programs on other XM channels. Sirius, which I have at home via Dish Network, appears to be better but I wouldn't know about the volume issue until I listen to it on the road. Commecial FM is no better, except the commercials come in at the same level as the rest of the programming so I don't have to adjust the volume constantly.
Old 03-19-2006, 02:54 PM
'05 Acura RL - CGP/Ebony

The music channels only have the DJs coming on , and on, and on. Talk channels including comedy channels have commercials, lots of them, at a much louder volume than the rest of the programming - extremely annoying to me. And all channels appear to have a sort of commecial where they promote other programs on other XM channels. Sirius, which I have at home via Dish Network, appears to be better but I wouldn't know about the volume issue until I listen to it on the road. Commecial FM is no better, except the commercials come in at the same level as the rest of the programming so I don't have to adjust the volume constantly.
I'm sure you're correct for the stations you listen to, but the DJ's don't come on very often at all to the stations I frequent the most. I do listen to the comedy stations once in a while and you're correct about them... the interuptions are a lot more often.

I virtually never listen to comercial FM because they are simply annoying without benefit.
Old 03-19-2006, 07:20 PM
Safety Car

Received 34 Likes on 16 Posts
Originally Posted by lflorack
I'm sure you're correct for the stations you listen to, but the DJ's don't come on very often at all to the stations I frequent the most. I do listen to the comedy stations once in a while and you're correct about them... the interuptions are a lot more often.

I virtually never listen to comercial FM because they are simply annoying without benefit.
yeah I listen to the comedy stations too, and their commercials are outrageous. Most of the music channels I listen to also have DJ talk. Its not as bad as regular radio though. But XM advertises like there are no commercials or DJ talk. commercial FM sucks so I definetely agree with you there.
Old 03-19-2006, 08:14 PM
Instructor

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by bluemule
The only quibble I have with XM satellite, and the competition I'm sure, is that I can't eliminate those channels I have absolutely no interest in from my own menu of stations...
To eliminate those stations just call XM radio customer service and tell them you want them removed from your service. You'll need your ID number - tune to 000 and it will have that number. They will update your radio and the stations you don;t want will not show again.
Old 03-19-2006, 10:19 PM
Racer

WOW did this thread go off channel or what. Where's the moderator on this one?

thread was about door handles and turned into XM radio.

Anyway, I listen to XM and have yet to hear a commercial.
Old 03-20-2006, 03:38 PM
Instructor

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
[QUOTE=medrxman]WOW did this thread go off channel or what. Where's the moderator on this one?
/QUOTE]

Maybe just a wee bit , I plead guilty. Vik where are you when we really need you??
Old 04-26-2006, 06:30 PM
'05 Lakeshore RL

Hi there..
What kind of door handle issues do you have? my driver's side door handle gave me an attitude-when I try to unlock sometimes it's sticky and hard to pull as if it's still locked. On the 2nd try then it will open. Only happens when I leave the car parked for a while.
Old 04-26-2006, 08:09 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by erwin76
Hi there..
What kind of door handle issues do you have? my driver's side door handle gave me an attitude-when I try to unlock sometimes it's sticky and hard to pull as if it's still locked. On the 2nd try then it will open. Only happens when I leave the car parked for a while.
If my RL sits for awhile, the first time my hand goes inside the handle, this does not unlock the door...the car will not respond with beeps. The second time always unlocks the door...the car responds appropriately with beeps.

The car does seem to go into a "sleep" mode if left alone for awhile because if the door is unlocked within a relatively short period of time after being locked, the door always unlocks the first time the handle is pulled.

The passenger door handle that was replaced is still working, but has developed, at times, a catch when pulling on the handle to open the door...so I'm speculating whether it needs lubrication.