CSM Paint match

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2009, 09:49 AM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CSM Paint match

Sorry if this has been discussed already (not much found from searching). But...what is up with the paint match on CSM (I have an '05). Or should I say, the paint not matching. I've noticed that the maint on the plastic parts, especially the front end, seems to be a darker shade than the metal parts. I've been looking through the gallery, and I have seen a few in my area that seem to suffer the same fate. I can't imagine that all of these vehicles have been repainted. (Can't be 100% sure of my own, since I am owner #2). Can any owners speak to the original factory paint match on their cars...especially the CSM? I'm tempted to find a shop that can correct this...it drives me crazy!
Old 06-20-2009, 10:55 AM
Advanced

...sorry, maint should be paint
Old 06-20-2009, 11:00 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 134 Likes on 66 Posts
where r u located? my body shop guy is really good. he used to work for Acura and opened up his very own shop so he knows the Acura cars inside and out..... he once told me that there r few different plants that RLs are made, and every plants have slightly different mixture, and based on the shade, u can tell which plant they came from.......

than again, I located in South Florida where these kind of things are very easily accessed (a lot of talented hispanic population) ..... good bodyshops r a dime a dozen..... but i think my guy is the best in the business
Old 06-20-2009, 01:25 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by psheu
where r u located? my body shop guy is really good. he used to work for Acura and opened up his very own shop so he knows the Acura cars inside and out..... he once told me that there r few different plants that RLs are made, and every plants have slightly different mixture, and based on the shade, u can tell which plant they came from.......

than again, I located in South Florida where these kind of things are very easily accessed (a lot of talented hispanic population) ..... good bodyshops r a dime a dozen..... but i think my guy is the best in the business
Thanks for the info! Unfortunately I am waaay up here in Ohio. The local Carstar has done insurance work on my cars, but only matched the paint after I complained (which amounted to a respray and blending). I think I'll have to take it to a few shops and ask them if they notice the paint difference, and if they think it can be matched better. How is your match? All OEM spray? Was your Acura expert saying that it was possible that some components came from another factory, with a slightly different blend. I'm not sure if mine has been painted, but it seems like there are others out there that do not match either. I've also seen a few Hondas that I know were all OEM and they don't seem to match that well either. (Reds, especially).
Old 06-20-2009, 02:16 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 134 Likes on 66 Posts
Originally Posted by slainte_0317
Thanks for the info! Unfortunately I am waaay up here in Ohio. The local Carstar has done insurance work on my cars, but only matched the paint after I complained (which amounted to a respray and blending). I think I'll have to take it to a few shops and ask them if they notice the paint difference, and if they think it can be matched better. How is your match? All OEM spray? Was your Acura expert saying that it was possible that some components came from another factory, with a slightly different blend. I'm not sure if mine has been painted, but it seems like there are others out there that do not match either. I've also seen a few Hondas that I know were all OEM and they don't seem to match that well either. (Reds, especially).
I always have perfect match for any cars I own... I'm very particular when it comes to detail like that... um... i don't think there is an 'oem paint'... there r few good brands out there, ppg is among one of them... the most important part is blending/shading the paint once the paint is on, the clearcoat also played an important part in the finish (the most important part actually that gives the finish shiny, wet look)... the painter just need to know how to blend/mix the color... luckly, my guy knows all the Honda paints inside and out (and his shop worked on plenty of high end cars, Lexus, MB, BMW, Infinity, etc.), so it made the job easier.... and make sure they have vacum/paint bake room and not the 'close all the door and windows in the shop we need to paint room'... that way, it will make sure your paint have no contaiminent in them after being applied... a good paint job for the 'entire' car can go from $800 - $1500... a cheaper one can go as low as $600 (that's for them little civic el cheapo cars)... anything higher is rip off... i've known my body shop for a long time and they service all the body shop need for my family (got 4+ Acuras in my family) so the owner know better not to bullshit me and charge me an arm and a leg...

rule of thumb, if u find a good bodyshop, stick with it
Old 06-21-2009, 07:22 AM
Advanced

Thank again psheu. I'm with you on the paint match thing...nags me every time I look at it. I was, unclearly, referring to the paint color and work done at the factory when I said "oem paint". Sorry about that. Just trying to figure out if this seemed to be the norm, from the factory, at least for the CSM RLs.